Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

One of the reasons why this list is the best and most accurate on the web is because it provides starting point version numbers of plugins when they go native so future visitors can check against what they already have installed; They may be native without realizing it. If we include those in our replies then Teilo won't have to manually check each one himself. The pace of releases is only going to accelerate over the next few months, so let's try to make it easier on him for future thread updates. :)

I know I'm running a bit behind. Thank you all for being patient. I've been tending to some illness in my family (my father is dying). I just want to thank all of you for your update reports. I couldn't do this without you. I'll catch up soon.

Excellent news from Eventide! I use a lot of their plugins, and will be placing an order for a 16" M(insert number here)X as soon as orders begin.

teilo wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:44 pm I know I'm running a bit behind. Thank you all for being patient. I've been tending to some illness in my family (my father is dying). I just want to thank all of you for your update reports. I couldn't do this without you. I'll catch up soon.

Excellent news from Eventide! I use a lot of their plugins, and will be placing an order for a 16" M(insert number here)X as soon as orders begin.
So sorry to hear about your Dad.
I wish you and fam lot of strength in this difficult time.

teilo wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:44 pm I know I'm running a bit behind. Thank you all for being patient. I've been tending to some illness in my family (my father is dying). I just want to thank all of you for your update reports. I couldn't do this without you. I'll catch up soon.

My best too you

boojiboy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm EQuivocate 1.8.2
I'm not seeing where any of the Newfangled Audio plugins have added M1 support. :shrug:

My sympathies to teilo.

Thank you teilo for all that you do on this for us. My best wishes to you and yours at this horrible time.

telecharge wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:36 pm
I'm not seeing where any of the Newfangled Audio plugins have added M1 support. :shrug:

My sympathies to teilo.
The Newfangled Audio plugins are only distributed by Eventide, and as you note, are not native. But all the Eventide plugins are.
Last edited by teilo on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sprnva wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:01 pm Just realised that the M1 has been... erm... M1-native since August. Seems strange that they're spacing out the updates and then not even announcing the added support.

Also noticed that the LegacyCell update which was released at the same time as the M1 one has a UB2 standalone but the plugins are still Intel-only.
I own Korg Collection 3, so I will check them once I download the latest files. This is typical Korg. They update stuff, no announcement, no website updates, no release notes, nada. It's really stupid.

EDIT: Even more stupidity. The versions available on my account Download page are not the versions available in Software Pass. The latter are newer. Grr.

EDIT2: The only native KORG plugins are M1, MS-20 and PolySix, all version 2.2.1.

teilo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:52 pm
telecharge wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:36 pm

My sympathies to teilo.
The Nembrini Audio plugins are only distributed by Eventide, and as you note, are not native. But all the Eventide plugins are.
I'm sure you meant Newfangled Audio, and FWIW, you can also get their plugins from https://www.newfangledaudio.com/downloads if your eyes can stand it. :hihi:

telecharge wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:48 pm
teilo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:52 pm The Nembrini Audio plugins are only distributed by Eventide, and as you note, are not native. But all the Eventide plugins are.
I'm sure you meant Newfangled Audio, and FWIW, you can also get their plugins from https://www.newfangledaudio.com/downloads if your eyes can stand it. :hihi:
Doh!

Just ordered a 16" M1 Max.

teilo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:09 pm Just ordered a 16" M1 Max.
That will be a truly incredible machine! I have an M1 Air and it runs circles around my 2015 i7 iMac, so the Max will be amazing.

teilo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:09 pm Just ordered a 16" M1 Max.
I'll need to wait until next year before getting one, but I'm excited to hear your thoughts on it when it arrives. Thanks again for the all the work you've put into this thread and best wishes to you and your father. My heart goes out to you.

Tronam wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:15 pm
amhawkins wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:08 pm Eventide Plugins now appear to be native!:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/to ... port-info/

Just tried the VST3 version of Blackhole in Live 11.1 beta on my M1 and it works just fine.
The update post implies all of them, which is good news if true. I can at least personally verify the following Eventide plugins are now Apple Silicon native:

Eventide
https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads/

Blackhole 3.8.11
Omnipressor 3.9.9
SP2016 Reverb 1.5.9

Oh snap. Eventide is iLok.

Hopefully we'll see more iLok plugins follow suit.

I am sorry to hear about your father . . . .

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”