Track spacer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

been wanting to buy this plugin for a while and i wanted to read some honest opinions about it, and maybe when and where do you find yourself needing it? tnx

I have the full izotope package, where neutron can do something similar (among many other plugins that you can also mess around sidechain, etc., to get the desired result with conflicting frequencies or overall congestion), but honestly, Trackspacer is so stupidly easy and efficient I can't remember the last time I had to resort to something else when I wanted to solve some conflicting frequencies. I use it constantly, and not only for the bass/kick thing that you find all over YouTube. You can really make room for this and that element in the mix with just a bit of help from trackspacer. Black Friday is around the corner, I'd keep my eyes open.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

It takes about 2 seconds to set up and works very well - though does use a little more CPU than attempting similar processes with other plugins. I use it on kick/bass and vocals/midrange elements - where a little goes a long way.

Note that you can also get this result from Sonible's smart:EQ3 (which also deals with auto EQing). There, you can set your tracks in several categories, say lead first (meaning nothing covers the lead), then drums and bass, then pads and stuff. Really cool, and a world first, I think. https://www.sonible.com/smarteq3/

It's 129 bucks, but student rates apply (40% off).

Of course, using Trackspacer is probably quicker, as it's more of a one-trick-pony (AFAIK), but then again, to my knowledge it doesn't have a multi-track setup.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I've only used it a bit (I don't mix that often, and just do it for a hobby) and I agree that a little goes a long way. It can get (too) aggressive quickly as far as cutting bites out of the track.

Being old school I'm a bit more comfortable with just using EQ or side-chaining compressors (neither of which is really the same thing, though they can serve a similar purpose.)

I got it on a big sale last holiday season, which is pretty much how I get almost everything :D

I use it in anything that has a lead vocal. I almost exclusively use it in mid side mode with more of an emphasis on pushing the mids back a bit. Also as has been mentioned a very little bit goes a long way. I generally set it so that the line is hardly moving with the main dip following the fundamental frequency. I also use the HP and LP filters to keep things between 200 and 2000 or so.
It is also good for large reverbs that you want to add on a vocal but you don't want the vocal to sound washed out. For special effects you can do the opposite of subtle and duck the shit out of the side channel so that tons of stereo effects come in during quiet and silent bits.

All in all I find it's the best at doing the one thing it's designed to do and it's a great company that I like to support.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I always planned on buying it, as I like the company and the product. However, when I finally tested it out against MSpectralDynamics (& other competitors), I found that Trackspacer used a few more CPU cycles. Add that to the fact MSpectralDynamics is capable of much more than spectral ducking, I didn't end up purchasing Trackspacer. YMMV.

My honest opinion is that it's a useful process & a great plugin, that is done better and more efficiently by MSpectralDynamics. Which is crazy when you consider how old that plugin is. The GUI might not be as pretty as Trackspacer, but the functionality is superior, IMHO. :tu:

Buy it, because others have use for it...

audiosabre wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:17 pmAdd that to the fact MSpectralDynamics is capable of much more than spectral ducking, I didn't end up purchasing Trackspacer.
Plugin Boutique have trackspacer reduced, was thinking about buying. Then I realised they have Mspectraldynamics reduced more than usual. Seems to me a good deal.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:18 am Plugin Boutique have trackspacer reduced, was thinking about buying. Then I realised they have Mspectraldynamics reduced more than usual. Seems to me a good deal.
I've been also considering which one to take... But MSpectralDynamics is still twice the price of TrackSpacer :) and then i've found there is a plugin in Logic Pro which should do the same, i'll give it a try first.

Giladw wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:00 pm been wanting to buy this plugin for a while and i wanted to read some honest opinions about it, and maybe when and where do you find yourself needing it? tnx
I use Trackspacer when I want vocals to stand out over a piano or a guitar, this is when i make my own samples etc, i stand by it religiously
Believe you can and you’re already halfway there

Trackspacer is utterly superb.

I use it as a dynamic carve EQ where there's too much overlap or a buildup of frequencies between instruments competing for space in the mix. Choose the instrument you want to take priority (ie: bass synth), and sidechain it to the instrument that is less important (ie: pad synth). Another great use is to put it on your reverb Aux send channel, after the reverb, and sidechain it to the kick and snare - ducks the reverb, letting the drum elements punch through.

It can do the classic sidechain kick-to-bass ducking effect too. Gives you excellent control over attack and release to shape the envelope. And due to the multi-band nature, it can be extremely transparent (ie: it can leave the rest of the frequencies alone).

A creative use I've also done is having 2 layers, say ambient texture layers, "Trackspace" into each other, which kind of combines them into a more singular, organic, morphing sound.

So many uses. $39 on sale is well worth it. Top 5 all time. Nuff said.

This is a time-saving Plug-In. Meaning you can do all of this via side changing or MS Eqing or other ways, but this is faster. I use Tackspacer 99% of the time because it does ducking very well and very quickly.

This is probably the number one time-saving plugin I have run across that I have confidence in.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

delete
Last edited by fairlyclose on Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trackspacer just blows my mind. Two clicks and instead of hearing mud the parts I want to bring focus to pop forward. You might be able to do it with other stuff but I have enough technical details to deal with I'm happy to unload this task.

Return to “Effects”