usb ilok and elicenser on macbook pros

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I'm getting a new MacBook. but I have lots of plugins with usb ilok and elicenser. what the most convenient way to use usb ilok and elicenser on MacBook ? are hubs the only way ?

vad.martyn wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:26 pm Hello, I'm getting a new MacBook. but I have lots of plugins with usb ilok and elicenser. what the most convenient way to use usb ilok and elicenser on MacBook ? are hubs the only way ?
Well, eLicenser's days are numbered since Steinberg and VSL are leaving it behind.

There is a USB-C version of iLok. Otherwise, yeah, a hub. I use a 4-port USB hub with a USB-C connector, and it works great. I keep my iLok, eLicenser, and CodeMeter dongle in it.

teilo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:13 pm
vad.martyn wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:26 pm Hello, I'm getting a new MacBook. but I have lots of plugins with usb ilok and elicenser. what the most convenient way to use usb ilok and elicenser on MacBook ? are hubs the only way ?
Well, eLicenser's days are numbered since Steinberg and VSL are leaving it behind.

There is a USB-C version of iLok. Otherwise, yeah, a hub. I use a 4-port USB hub with a USB-C connector, and it works great. I keep my iLok, eLicenser, and CodeMeter dongle in it.
That’s now I do it on my M1 mini. I just use an anker hub. Works great.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”