The future of Geist 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am just trying out Geist 2, how I hate 'flat' design - Geist 1 was so much more attractive than this grey, flat, dull mess. Is it just my PC or do other people see blurry fonts throughout Geist 2? Why did they make the GUI less attractive than Geist 1? Dark grey text on dark grey buttons, I don't have a monochrome monitor. Look at how beautiful Groove Agent looks in the post above, compared to this minimalist bullshit we see everywhere nowadays.
What are the included loops like in Groove Agent 5 compared to Geist 2?

Geist is a great drum and percussion plugin and it would be a shame if it was caught up in all of the financial and legal wrangling and died an unnatural death :(
No auto tune...

What happened to the Synth Squad ? Amber seems to have missed the cut to version 2.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:49 am What happened to the Synth Squad ? Amber seems to have missed the cut to version 2.
Synth Squad is dead as a group. They all went solo, except for Amber, who’s in rehab.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I think it's fair to say at this point that Geist, and the rest of the FXpansion products that Roli took control of, are dead. Roli's post-bankrupcy focus is said to be on education, there's really no way that geist fits into that view. I am a little surprised that they didn't see the restructuring as a chance to try and sell the rest of the fxpansion products on to inmusic & others, or maybe they did but they were just nonproductive and kept quiet.

inMusic own Akai and the MPC range - Geist2 wouldn't really fit into the overall vision is my feeling. I do hope it finds a home.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Spectrasonics Geist RMX 3!

y'all know Angus Hewlett went to Image Line right? He is now their Chief Technology Officer.

Free updates for life, and Angus? Count me in

vertibration wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:34 pm y'all know Angus Hewlett went to Image Line right? He is now their Chief Technology Officer.

As long as Pharrell doesn’t join as a business partner it’ll probably be okay.

vertibration wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:34 pm y'all know Angus Hewlett went to Image Line right? He is now their Chief Technology Officer.

Would be nice if Image Line picked up Geist, but isn't that kind of what FL Studio does already (beats/sequencing)? Would adding Geist into the product lineup be an add to value? I honestly have no idea. Never used it.

I would think Geist is dead weight now, but Im sure Angus will contribute some amazing things to Image Line. FL21 is supposed to be a major update, I would think Angus has plans on new plugins for FL Studio. He may even incorporate features from Geist in the FL Studio channel rack sequencer....who knows really. He has a shit ton of knowledge about synthesis at his disposal

Amberience wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:27 am inMusic own Akai and the MPC range - Geist2 wouldn't really fit into the overall vision is my feeling. I do hope it finds a home.
You probably know better than anyone else speculating here, but why wouldn't Geist2 be a good fit for inMusic's AIR Music Technology brand? Considering Drum Synth 500 and Transfuser 2, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Amberience wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:27 am inMusic own Akai and the MPC range - Geist2 wouldn't really fit into the overall vision is my feeling. I do hope it finds a home.
Would that "Soul" thing I read about have been an overhaul of Geist which was abandoned during the <cough> "refocusing" or is that name a coincidence?

Has finding a new home for Geist been tried -and apparently failed- in the past - and which kind of company would you -personally- find to be a good fit?

epiphaneia wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:40 am
Would that "Soul" thing I read about have been an overhaul of Geist which was abandoned during the <cough> "refocusing" or is that name a coincidence?
Soul is (more or less) an audio-focussed programming language, so it's not something that's going to replace Geist.

epiphaneia wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:40 am

Has finding a new home for Geist been tried -and apparently failed- in the past - and which kind of company would you -personally- find to be a good fit?
Yeah as has been said, SOUL is nothing to do with Geist; it's a programming language written by the guy who invented JUCE.

Can't speak to any of the other stuff.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Return to “Instruments”