All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want a looper. Ideally it would be really really cheap, super reliable and built like a tank. No chance of that though so basically the things I really care about are a few memory spots. Like one of those that has a dial with 11 positions. e.g. Ammoon Pock Looper. Any other options? Particularly cheaper ones that might still be ok. I've really exhausted my music account for a few years.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

You probably cant go wrong with a Boss RC-1 for a $100 ish, up to RC-5 for around twice that, depending on your needs. Boss is Roland right, they should be a pretty safe bet for any gear.

For a cheaper option the TC Electronic Ditto range has had some positive reviews

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:45 pm For a cheaper option the TC Electronic Ditto range has had some positive reviews
Unfortunately not with memory space.

pekbro wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:35 pm You probably cant go wrong with a Boss RC-1 for a $100 ish, up to RC-5 for around twice that, depending on your needs. Boss is Roland right, they should be a pretty safe bet for any gear.
I have an RC500 but just want something cheap for messing around at home. The RC-1 has no memory either.

A cheap, straight forward looper - that excludes the more creative ones (like Blooper).

Many options...
- line6 made one long ago that is supposed to be very intuitive, perhaps you can buy a used one
- many delay pedals have some basic looper functionality (eg tc electronic Flashback)
- cheapest option would prolly be Chinese (unless tariffs get in the way)
- in case you prefer to tap instead of stomping a footswitch, Boss has a nice desktop looper with FX (RC505) - not cheap though
- Boss, tc and Digitech have popular loopers

Harley Benton reveals its new MiniStomp effects pedals
https://www.musicradar.com/news/harley- ... omp-pedals
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

^ Balls, I’ve been clean for nearly a year! They look like rebranded Tom’sline ones, without the bar. Slightly cheaper too.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

khanyz wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:24 pm ^ Balls, I’ve been clean for nearly a year! They look like rebranded Tom’sline ones, without the bar. Slightly cheaper too.
With UK import fees being around £15 plus Thomman's shipping fees for sub £149 purchases. Smaller value items are not worth buying alone. Ebay would offer better value.Edit - Fake news.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:17 pm With UK import fees being around £15 plus Thomman's shipping fees for sub £149 purchases. Smaller value items are not worth buying alone. Ebay would offer better value.
Where are the import fees shown? They are not at checkout and lower value items don’t usually incur them.

I contacted Thomann and they said
As of July 1st, we have simplified the ordering process so that the online price you see on our website is the total price you pay with no additional fees paid to the couriers. The VAT (20%) and handling fees are now factored into the final online price.

Orders on or below 149 GBP will require an 8 GBP shipping fee which is also added to the checkout and paid directly to us. Please note, the Channel Islands remain VAT free.
So buy a few and the price with shipping looks OK to me. Hitting the free shipping minimum will be tempting though. :wink:

khanyz wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:31 pm I contacted Thomann and they said
As of July 1st, we have simplified the ordering process so that the online price you see on our website is the total price you pay with no additional fees paid to the couriers. The VAT (20%) and handling fees are now factored into the final online price.

Orders on or below 149 GBP will require an 8 GBP shipping fee which is also added to the checkout and paid directly to us. Please note, the Channel Islands remain VAT free.
So buy a few and the price with shipping looks OK to me. Hitting the free shipping minimum will be tempting though. :wink:
Yeah, it looks like it's changed for the better. I purchased from Thomman April 2021. Brexit teething issues.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^ So the next question is which? Probably the Dr. D (Dumbleish?), maybe the DI (mostly for the name) and Deal Breaker. They would fill in some gaps on my mini board.

Maybe someone else could chime in. I just wish they'd put white marks on the black controls knobs.
I'm interested in recording direct from pedals and cab sim pedals always seemed tempting.
My curious choice would be
Harley Benton MiniStomp Drop Kick
Harley Benton MiniStomp MicroCAB
A transparent overdrive
With that said, I've got enough stuff and need to start playing more.

No doubt they will soon be some demos on YT.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:54 pm I just wish they put white marks on the black controls knobs.
https://www.rakits.co.uk/2017/07/30/jaz ... -easy-way/

Return to “Guitars”