Any modular glitchy-type multi-fx plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

I'm looking for a glitchy-type multi-fx plugin (think Turnado, Infiltrator, Effectrix) but with the possibility to place the effect modules in a modular fashion, not in a simple serial-type chain, so you have the freedom to create much more complex chains. From all the glitchy multi-fx plugins I tried the only one that offers a modular approach is Loomer's Sequent but the problem with Sequent is that it has a rather limited selection of modules (only looper, panning, filter, distortion, delay and gate) and the fact that you can use a module only once in the chain (this is a huge limitation IMO).

Any suggestions?

KTlin wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:01 pm Any suggestions?
Not just strictly a glitchy FX, but have a look at UA Triad:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... triad.html
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Maybe give GlitchMachines Quadrant a look: https://glitchmachines.com/products/quadrant/ Modular but probably has some of the same limitations you've mentioned.

I think the freedom you're looking for will only be found in a truly modular environment, you could get something glitchy going for sure in the thousands of VCV modules for instance.

Maybe the recently released Bespoke, I haven't fully investigated it yet but lots of sample players and modulators.

The ultimate is Melda’s MXXX. It’s pricey, but you can get MXXX Core, which uses all his free plugins, and then add the modules that you want as you like. He’s always doing sales too.

Next recommendation would be PSP’s N2O. Not freely modular, but plenty of algorithms and it sounds very good.

Reaktor is another choice. Even Guitar Rig has a pretty flexible, if not almost modular, nature.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Boom Library's EnRage is really sweet and modular. There's 50 different devices to choose from and you can create some very deep and complex effects chains. I would also second the suggestion for Unfiltered Audio's Byome/Triad.

GaryG wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:36 pm Maybe the recently released Bespoke,
Can confirm that it is indeed great for modular glitchy fun. :tu:
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

..... Cherry Audio Voltage + VST Host + any other Glitch effect
While stuff like MXXX and Triad are very big and got 8-32 modulation sources with 50-150 effects (more than enough for 9/10 People )

You just can bring them to the next level if you use a Step sequencer in Voltage as a Modulation source and bring 12 new sources (with even the possibility to use oscillators from other synths and sample as sources )

why does no one ever mention which daw they're using when making one of these posts?

Quadrant, Byome & Triad allow for glitchy patching of modules ...

Reflex-ProX from stw-audio is very good as well. So are the others that have been mentioned. I am very fond of Infiltrator and the Unfiltered Audio, Glitch Machines stuff. Not really a fan of the Melda stuff my self, though I do own most of it weirdly. :shrug:

Of course I have all the others as well... :lol:

Maybe look at modular systems, like the softube one or VCV. Then you can do whatever you want with modules. It's a lot more complex to set up though.

psynical wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:21 pm why does no one ever mention which daw they're using when making one of these posts?
Not true. Vurt's Law says that the probability of someone coming along in any thread and saying that BItwig's the Grid "can do that . . . better" is exponentially proportional to number of other products mentioned.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:36 pm Quadrant, Byome & Triad allow for glitchy patching of modules ...
Oh yeah, forgot about Quadrant. Good one.

https://glitchmachines.com/products/quadrant/
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:12 am
psynical wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:21 pm why does no one ever mention which daw they're using when making one of these posts?
Not true. Vurt's Law says that the probability of someone coming along in any thread and saying that BItwig's the Grid "can do that . . .
Clever way for you to mention Bitwig's Grid. But don't think it escaped notice. :lol:

Return to “Effects”