RIP Alan Hawkshaw

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... r-heard-of

The ubiquitous Alan Hawkshaw was the best-known British composer you’d never heard of

Good article, especially on all the stuff of his that got sampled in later years....

"...Alan Hawkshaw’s late-life status as a funky hero to American hip-hop producers came as something of a surprise to him. “I remember getting an email asking for clearance for a piece,” he told me a few years ago. “And I rang my daughter asking who ‘Jay Zed’ was.” " :hihi:

OK, I saw "Hawkshaw" and immediately thought Kirsty had died, then wondered if there was a relationship - turns out it's her dad :(
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

R.I.P., there is some awesome stuff in his discography.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:58 pm https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... r-heard-of

The ubiquitous Alan Hawkshaw was the best-known British composer you’d never heard of

Good article, especially on all the stuff of his that got sampled in later years....

"...Alan Hawkshaw’s late-life status as a funky hero to American hip-hop producers came as something of a surprise to him. “I remember getting an email asking for clearance for a piece,” he told me a few years ago. “And I rang my daughter asking who ‘Jay Zed’ was.” " :hihi:
did jay zed sample countdown?

rip, so many of those themes are a huge part of my life, and it's true, i had no clue who had written them.
and like cryo had no idea it was kirstys dad!

small world.

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:34 pm

If only..

That bit did make me chuckle as I always used to like to wind up the youngsters at my work with stuff like, "you young people with your tik-tiks, your snip-chat and your Jay Zed, you know nothing."

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:43 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:34 pm

If only..

That bit did make me chuckle as I always used to like to wind up the youngsters at my work with stuff like, "you young people with your tik-tiks, your snip-chat and your Jay Zed, you know nothing."
:lol:

Rest In Peace

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”