I want to get Back into UAD plugins: My options ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have 2 UAD-1 cards That won't work on Win 10.
I was thinking Apollo satellite Quad thunderbolt 3. For my M1 Mac mini
Price went up to $999. Apollo solo Again price increase $699.
Apollo twin maybe.I really don't need another interface.
I have a PC with an MSI Z490 A Pro (i5,4.1 GHZ)
Apolo solo USB, Quad core Satélite USB. I could also get
A used UAD-2 Duo or Quad card. Any issues with MSI motherboards?
I think I can still upgrade my UAD-1 plugins.
Thanks,Bill

Hm, I don't own any UA hardware (yet), so take this with a grain of salt. I have been reading up on this, but people keep recommending to get quads at minimum, better octos because the newer plugins can eat up a whole core. I kind of want UAD plugins, because they seem to sound really good, but the fact that their hardware is so extremely outdated is kind of offputting to me.

For the 1200€ they want me to shell out for an octo satellite I can get a monster of a pc or mac. No idea if that's really worth it.

bill45 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:23 am I have 2 UAD-1 cards That won't work on Win 10.
Thanks,Bill
From time to time you can get good second hand deals at UAD forum or alternatively you can wait for UAD sales - they have at least two mega sales per year (for their hardware).

kmonkey wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 am
bill45 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:23 am I have 2 UAD-1 cards That won't work on Win 10.
Thanks,Bill
From time to time you can get good second hand deals at UAD forum or alternatively you can wait for UAD sales - they have at least two mega sales per year (for their hardware).
Thanks,I am looking on JRR shop and guitar center. I bought a lot of stuff for my UAD-1 cards, during those Mega sales

Why don’t UAD 1 cards work on Windows 10?

I’m running an old FireWire interface with a $40 FireWire 800 card. Works like a charm.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

bill45 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:28 pm
kmonkey wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 am
Thanks,Bill
Thanks,I am looking on JRR shop and guitar center. I bought a lot of stuff for my UAD-1 cards, during those Mega sales
You can't upgrade your UAD-1 cards now and it has been like that for a long time. I still have 3 UAD-1 cards attached to my account. You would have been given a serial number for the UAD-1 cards when they finally abandoned the technology that will authorize the cards up to whatever you had attached to those cards. It is impossible to add to that library. I am probably wrong but I don't recall JRRSHOP or Guitar Center selling UA plugins. I always bought them bundled with the cards or on the UA website directly. YOu can actually login to your UA account and see if your UAD-1 cards are still listed in your account and you'll see which plugins are authorized for them.

Return to “Effects”