LibreArp - my free pattern-based VST arpeggiator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LibreArp

Hi thank you for this vst. :tu:

I try to use with other instruments in Hermann Seib's VSThost but it seems to work randomly and sometimes it crashes. :neutral:

Also, is there an on/off button?

badgrplayer wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:18 pm Hi thank you for this vst. :tu:

I try to use with other instruments in Hermann Seib's VSThost but it seems to work randomly and sometimes it crashes. :neutral:

Also, is there an on/off button?
Hi, thanks for reaching out, glad you like LibreArp.

I haven't tested with VSTHost, sounds to me that it has some specific behaviour that makes the plugin work "randomly". LibreArp relies heavily on the playhead position of the host - since it seems that VSTHost has no actual timeline, that could be the main problem here. Crashes should of course never happen, so that's something I'd definitely like to look into. I'll do some testing when I have the time.

Currently, there is no on/off or bypass button as I assumed most hosts had that built in. I'll add it to the issue tracker as a feature request.

Edit: Added to the tracker: Strange behaviour and crashes in Hermann Seib's VSTHost (#63), Bypass parameter (#64). If you can provide further input on these, please do post your comments there.

Thank you!
Indeed, vsthost has no timeline. It's not really a DAW, it's more a host to run vst effects, live.

I have not much more input, except that I've used dvsthostx64 1.56.
Btw, I've just noticed there's a new version. I'm going to upgrade to see if it makes any difference.

Update. I think I found out the culprit.
It's the keyboard. Whenever I click on vsthost's keyboard bar wheel, LibreArp stops playing and won't restart.
Here some data from the infos windows, if it can be of any help.
librearp.png
But that's not important because it's very easy to filter out the keyboard on LibreArp while keeping it on other vst. All you have to is to select one channel for the keyboard bar and filter out this channel on librearp.
I haven't tried with a real keyboard.
So far, I play a midi file in the midi player connected to LibreArp and it works very well. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alefunguju, your plugin doesn't seem to work with ardour 6.50, do you have any idea why?

Somebody (you?) has posted a ticket on ardour bug tracker, but my problem is not exactly the same.
"Expected behaviour: Only the arpeggio generated by LibreArp should be played
Actual behaviour: The original chord as well as the arpeggio are played"
In Ardour Linux, the original chord AND the arpeggio are played.
For me (ardour windows) only the original chord is played, the arpeggio not played at all. It's like LibreARP remains shut down.
I see that it only affects the VST3 version, not the LV2 version. Is there a LV2 version for windows? :scared:

You're right, I did post that ticket. It's very possible that your issue is related but I really can't be sure. The Ardour dev mentioned it should be fixed in 7.0 when that comes out. Whether the fix will ever be backported to 6.x, that I don't know.

Unfortunately, there's no LibreArp LV2 for Windows, as we are using an LV2 wrapper for JUCE that is currently Linux-only.

Return to “Effects”