rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:19 pm I've spent some more time with Predator 2 in the last couple of days and it really is a lovely sounding synth. Do all Rob Papen synths have a similar character? Perhaps to a degree but they all have character and that's what is important to me.

On the subject of making our own patches has anyone figured out how to convert .wav files into P2's proprietary .uwv format ?

You can load "user waves" but only in the .uwv format unless I'm missing something. There are tons of single cycle waveforms available that would be nice to create Wavesets with in Predator.

Hopefully the ability to load files in .wav format will be added in Predator 3. Also hoping for more GUI sizes such as are found in Blade 2....100, 125, 150, 200%.

EDIT: I tried to simply rename a .wav file to .uwv and that did not work.
They do have a very similar character yes. Especially blue, vecto and predator, go2 and bit as well I’d say. Various levels of complexity but similar sound.

I think all of Jon's synths have a signature core sound but Blue II is certainly a different instrument than Go2.

I have Predator 2, Blade 2, Blue II, and Go2. I like them all for various reasons.

Not sure what all Predator 3 will bring to the table but if it's a reasonably priced upgrade I'll probably be in....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:16 pm I think all of Jon's synths have a signature core sound but Blue II is certainly a different instrument than Go2.

I have Predator 2, Blade 2, Blue II, and Go2. I like them all for various reasons.

Not sure what all Predator 3 will bring to the table but if it's a reasonably priced upgrade I'll probably be in....
Since you have at least 4 plugins, you could just upgrade to the eXplorer 7 when it comes out and get everything else they have for $99...

gondii wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:39 pm Since you have at least 4 plugins, you could just upgrade to the eXplorer 7 when it comes out and get everything else they have for $99...
I've got the Sound Design-X bundle which gave me Punch, Punch BD and some others. It was on odd upgrade offer as I already owned Blue II from before and now my Blue II and Blade 2 licenses are wrapped into the SDX license so it looks like I've only got 3 licensed products if they count SDX as a single license.

But thanks for the heads up. :tu:

For $99 I could get Vecto, BIT, Quad, and some others which would be well worth the price.

I'd have to contact Rob's support and see if I qualify for the upgrade price.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:56 pmI'd have to contact Rob's support and see if I qualify for the upgrade price.
They are super friendly and helpful. I would imagine it's no problem from my experience with them.

Rob has been very good to me going all the way back to the Blue 1 days. I've sent them a message so we'll see how it goes.

I'm really holding out to see what Predator 3 brings.

EDIT: They already replied and I do qualify for the upgrade price. Great service from Rob Papen. :tu:

I like a lot most of his synths. They sound different although of the similarities in the presets.

Love BIT and Quad, but I'm also learning Blade 2 and Blue 2. Predator 1 and 2 are my favorite VA subtractive synths. Excellent synths overall. I'm using them mostly now besides Arturia's ones.

I have a free upgrade to Explorer 7. Let's hear how Predator 3 sounds with BIT filters :)

Rob Papen are a great outfit. I won a copy of Explorer II way back and although it was NFR with no upgrade path they upgraded it to III free of charge. I used Blue/Blue 2 a lot, and Predator and Punch always came in very handy. I only stopped using them as I moved to a 4k monitor (graphic designer so pretty much had to) and the GUIs became too small to work on. I recently upgraded to Explorer 6 and for $99 the extra stuff added is amazing! The GUIs are also all resizeable now (should have checked ages ago - my bad). BIT, Vecto and Quad are brilliant and I'd forgotten how much I liked Predator. Must start using Punch 2 more too - it's a great drum machine with loads of scope. They even include all the old V1 instruments in the installer so you don't break old projects. Again, a really great crew to deal with.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:43 pm Rob has been very good to me going all the way back to the Blue 1 days. I've sent them a message so we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: They already replied and I do qualify for the upgrade price. Great service from Rob Papen. :tu:
nice price to get Vecto, B.I.T., Quad, etc. :tu: I was happy once I finally upgraded to explorer too.

Indeed! I need also to use Punch 2 more! I always forget that I have it :smack:

I still love Predator v1 and load it from time to time as it is very inviting to play around with it and to look at it! Yes, Rob Papen is cheerful and flexible guy and his synths (programmed by the very smart Jon Ayres) are very useable and inspiring :)

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:43 pm Rob has been very good to me going all the way back to the Blue 1 days. I've sent them a message so we'll see how it goes.

perosnally not interested in the synths (theyre great, im just not looking for new all in one synths at present) but, i will always celebrate great service :clap: :party:
and congrats on a favourable outcome 8)

Does anyone know if there's visual feedback or drag and drop modulation coming on V3? I'm interested in this but I feel like omitting those features are a deal breaker for me.

Nemean wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:10 am Does anyone know if there's visual feedback or drag and drop modulation coming on V3? I'm interested in this but I feel like omitting those features are a deal breaker for me.
sadly no idea :/ but of course you dont need this for a good synth i am the same opinion that this is a go to feature which no one has to use if someone doesnt but if it is there it should be a new standard for every vst.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob on Facebook
We hope to release today 20th, but it well could be 21th, because with Apple software, everything needs to be verified by Apple first and then we can continue. Lots of extra work on Apple!

Return to “Instruments”