Reason price hike starting October 1st

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WasteLand wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:29 am...we do all our own math. so nice that there are options. i never was against Reason+, only how Reason Studios handles their customers, and the clickbait site.. how can you be against something that is an option, and hopefully stay an option.

Reason 12 is quite stable now, i can see the devices, much better! my eyes can rest.... and on a touchscreen, they react quite well, although, i mainly use Panaroma P1, within Reason DAW. but sometimes faster, via touchscreen.
As I said elsewhere - I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, overlook past "mistakes" and trust they want to open a new page and make Reason (both DAW & plugin) a competitive platform/tool for music producers. I had a 1+ hour video chat with James Pamber few weeks ago and I trust him when he says they're going all in and that R+ is one of the tools - as in funding sources - to achieve their goals. Also - regarding the devices - I believe that last 12-18 months could've been tougher, because they had to re-work everything for high-res, they're working on Apple Silicon Support and VST3, so those probably took a lot of time & resources from doing devices (yes, I'm aware those are separate teams, but probably there's overlap and "all hands on deck" type of situations, too).

In the end, the same way I don't mind paying ~100EUR a year to support Bitwig devs, I'd be more than willing to do the same to Reason Studios if they deliver on their promises. If not, I can always stop paying. It's that simple.

dellboy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 am
antic604 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:01 am
Sure, it's only for a year and them I stay with nothing,
Reminds me of the song - "I started out with nothing and I get still got all of it left". :hihi:
Cheeky :D But in reality I'm left with my project files (that I can always access for a small monthly fee), with my finished music, new things I learned, experience I gained producing it. It's worth it in the same way that going with my wife to a cinema, a good restaurant or on a holiday trip is.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I wouldn't give Props the benefit of the doubt, that ship sailed many moons ago for anyone who knows their history... and their recent antics indicate just more of the same which should be obvious to anyone neutral minded.

Reason Studios is a company you "put up with" as a means to an end, not one you admire or trust. When it comes to propellerheads, one should pay only for what is right in front of them at present if they find value in it.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:03 pmI wouldn't give Props the benefit of the doubt, that ship sailed many moons ago for anyone who knows their history... and their recent antics indicate just more of the same which should be obvious to anyone neutral minded.
I'm not neutral minded. If there's any one DAW I could say I loved, it's Reason.

Psuper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:03 pmReason Studios is a company you "put up with" as a means to an end, not one you admire or trust.
I don't care about the company, but I like the people in it. Most of the old crew is still there, James seems to be very likeable and honest, too.

The CEO is a snake, though :hihi:

Psuper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:03 pmWhen it comes to propellerheads, one should pay only for what is right in front of them at present if they find value in it.
For EUR110 I can get a year of access to great and inspiring DAW (IMO, obviously) and huge array of instruments, FX and sound content (not thinking about the Soundpacks) + hopefully 1-2 new REs and new features in that timeframe. If they fail to deliver, I won't renew and will say goodbye to the ecosystem - I've few more DAWs and hundreds of VSTs to fall back on. If they deliver, it's worth way more than EUR110 / year to me.
Music tech enthusiast

If they ditched vst support and concentrate on re(to late now i know) and add a clip launcher then they could ask for many money with this product. As i said before - the thing with opening up to vst will probably make people explore possibilities. Both daw wise and instrument wise. IMO.

A bit OT, but that's a great deal for Suite users - or anyone, really - who want to complete their RS' devices collection.

Friktion, Algoritm & Pattern Mutator for roughly half the price (less, if you already have one of them).

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... nt-bundle/
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 am A bit OT, but that's a great deal for Suite users - or anyone, really - who want to complete their RS' devices collection.

Friktion, Algoritm & Pattern Mutator for roughly half the price (less, if you already have one of them).

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... nt-bundle/
and you get a crossgrade price, if you own 1 of them, it works only with 1... if you have 2, the same price it seems...

crossgrade price is??? €99... if you have friktion and algoritm, and you want pattern mutator....

to eat something of the price, buy via rewards one of them, if you don't have any one of the 3.... (what a sentence!). take pattern mutator, well, because, it does not matter which one you have...

There's an option for checkout to apply a rewards voucher. Does anyone know if you can use rewards against the bundle?

I am not sure if it works, but when you go to check out there is a box for rewards vouchers?

''Have a promotion code or rewards voucher? '' (BOX FOR INPUT)

Be cool if you can use rewards vouchers against this price, this is a better deal for me than the subscription as I had suite 11...Looks like they have don 'complete my suite' for 12...they are listening :clap:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:31 pm I am not sure if it works, but when you go to check out there is a box for rewards vouchers?

''Have a promotion code or rewards voucher? '' (BOX FOR INPUT)

Be cool if you can use rewards vouchers against this price, this is a better deal for me than the subscription as I had suite 11...Looks like they have don 'complete my suite' for 12...they are listening :clap:
does not work, they should do that better, it only works for products in the Reward Store.

I took one for the team and tried a £25 Rewards Code- it doesn't work!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:36 pm I took one for the team and tried a £25 Rewards Code- it doesn't work!
:tu: but it was already known............. but still great you took the fall! :hug:

Can confirm that it does not work. I also tried, where's my compliments, schnell bitte bitte! No loss for me though, I intended to use the voucher to buy one of the players. The biggest chunk of my vouchers were going to expire soon.

I was going to use the voucher to buy Frichtion. This works though. I like using Reason for those meandering berlin school-esque soundscapes. Complex + Algorithm is great for that.

Psuper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:03 pm When it comes to propellerheads, one should pay only for what is right in front of them at present if they find value in it.
What developers are you proposing people should spend money on based on hope for the future? This is the only sane advice for any product. People who spend money on what they think a product will be, rather than what it is are fools.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:39 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:36 pm I took one for the team and tried a £25 Rewards Code- it doesn't work!
:tu: but it was already known............. but still great you took the fall! :hug:
I was busy trying it whilst you were posting it didn't work :-)
Its a weird check out- I wish it would say if VAT was included (as I can claim it back)

ShawnG wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:33 pmPeople who spend money on what they think a product will be, rather than what it is are fools.
That sounds great and noble on paper - like CRT or DIE doctrine :wink: - but in reality you always extrapolate past product's developments into the future consciousy or not, because DAWs - unlike cars, or TVs, or clothes - evolve over time.

So if you're deciding to spend money & dedicate time to learn a DAW, you want to be sure the support is good, that they fix bugs promptly, that they actually listen to their users, that they maintain compatibility with hardware & OS. You even want to know what the overall direction and operating vision of the company is, because it would indeed be foolish to buy Bitwig expecting you'll ever get Cubase-like support for orchestral music or film scoring; or vice versa - getting Cubase when all you want to do is sound design with modulators, operators and CV cables and jam away on an Launchpad.

Sure, if a DAW is bug free, you don't plan to upgrade your studio and/or OS for the next 5-10 years and your workflow is set in stone, then you can just get watever you like that currently meets your needs. But in practice, that's rarely the case, so it's actually the opposite of foolish to get yourself informed about what you're buing into :)
Last edited by antic604 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”