What Delays are you using?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Source Audio Collider

Valhalla Delay
Valhalla Supermassive
plus the Bitwig Delays which can put any devices in the feedback path so they can do a huge range of FX.

Recently ... Audio Damage Other Desert Cities. I like their Dubstation too. Abletons Echo & Filter Delay also.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Completely depends on the track. So many delays to choose from... But on the last track it was Sanford delay and Full Bucket Brigade Delay. Both freeware.

Boz Imperial Delay and AudioThing Outer Space also get lots of use here. Good stuff.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I never really got on with replika xt for some reason. The first three delays I reach for are ValhallaDelay, Arturia ETERNITY or Timeless 3 if I want to get more creative with it.

Mostly Sandman Pro by Unfiltered Audio and PlexiTape by Audiority.

Robertovoid wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:55 am I've just bought the EC300 Delay as there was a huge sales discount with coupon (ended up at 25$) and wondering if anyone has any opinion about it, especially in relation/comparison to valhalla delay.
Is it worth it to keep it? or is it redundant already having Valhalla?
I can ask for a refund, and that's why I'm asking

Thanks and best
Got that offer too, but too late :x :D
Bought it long time ago for 70+ bucks. Really nice sounding and useful collection.

Although I admit that so much time has passed, and today this quite can be shifted by other delays, but i very like UI and EC300 workflow in general, so, i would keep it. For 25 it's gift.

90% of the time Valhalla Delay, the rest would be Timeless 3

Valhalla and Arturia delays mostly, but also colour copy, echobode, permut8, and Tekturon.

Replika XT is mostly it. Molekular if I want something whack that I don't even really understand.
both can be CPU hogs or not, depending. The dual mode in the former is a major culprit. I have this massive orchestral project up, with no dropouts, keep adding stuff and still ok; instantiate that once with some automation and I have to print the channel and then disable it. That horn speaks, and instant breakage. Fortunately like a three bar just a four bar solo bit.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don’t overlook Arturia’s delays. Not a clunker in the batch. Delay ETERNITY is best for creative stuff but Tape-201 and Memory Brigade are steeped in mojo.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

at this moment mimeophone, lyra and the one in strega :love:
oh and a "reels" on the master for some tape mojo.

Diffuse Delay

Roland Demora.png
Make Noise Echophon.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Most of the above, Modnetic for tape etc etc etc...

but also lost gem Ronin from Audio Damage, free routing of modules leads to some crazy (and dangerous) noises.

Return to “Effects”