Logic Pro 10.7 Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

They didn't invent the M1 chip, it's an evolution of an ARM design. But it should probably read 32-bit files at this point.

Who even releases 32 bit samples, aren’t most of them 16/44.1 anyways?

jonljacobi wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:19 pm They didn't invent the M1 chip, it's an evolution of an ARM design.
They've been designing their own custom microarchitecture since 2012 or so with the iPhone 5's 64-bit CPU. They're one of a small handful of companies who don't license ARM's hardware designs. They only license the instruction set (ISA).

Been using the newly improved Sequencer... workflow is much improved!

They included a track by Lil Nas X?

That's really more of a downgrade than an upgrade.

Yo Leroy!

BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:19 am They included a track by Lil Nas X?

The mix sounds great, it is a good example of how capable stock plugins are.

Serhii Kot wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 am
BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:19 am They included a track by Lil Nas X?

The mix sounds great, it is a good example of how capable stock plugins are.
It’s Lil Nas X.

Image Image Image

Guy is utter trash.
Yo Leroy!

logicfixbrowserplz wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:13 pm Man when the hell are they gonna fix the browser? Literally the only DAW in the world that cant preview 32 bit audio files. It makes no sense to me and its been this way for years. There are tons of people who complain about this too yet they never fix it
-Shall we add 32bit support?
-Nah.. Let's change the icons for no reason.

- Shall we develop a Drummer feature?
- Yeah sure.
- Shall we make sure it works properly, no phasing issues, audio to midi, midi to audio is accurate?
- No fck it let's toss something out and focus on drawing the characters neat and give them cool names like Josephine, Steve, Margaret etc

Spacial audio looks great.

putraumoneverything wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:04 am Spacial audio looks great.
Like your username. I recently started to use Raum as an OTO BAM plugin alternative. Sounds better than the Valhallas to me. Sorry for OT

audiouser720 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:32 am
Like your username. I recently started to use Raum as an OTO BAM plugin alternative. Sounds better than the Valhallas to me. Sorry for OT
Ha! Cheers. Yeah Raum is so beaut.

putraumoneverything wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 pm
audiouser720 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:32 am
Ha! Cheers. Yeah Raum is so beaut.
Same here. Love it. :lol:

Apple: "here, have a seventh FREE major update to your subscription-free $199 DAW"
Logic users: :x :cry: :bang: :tantrum:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Tronam wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:40 pm
jonljacobi wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:19 pm They didn't invent the M1 chip, it's an evolution of an ARM design.
They've been designing their own custom microarchitecture since 2012 or so with the iPhone 5's 64-bit CPU. They're one of a small handful of companies who don't license ARM's hardware designs. They only license the instruction set (ISA).
You're just saying what I said in a different way. It's still a variation on a theme. Yes, they have the very expensive super-license, meaning they can do what they want with the instruction set and develop as they choose.

I suppose you could argue the definition of invention. Traditionally it's meant to be something somewhat unique, or different in such a way as to antiquate prior iterations.

The M1 is a great design, but it's just an extension of what's gone before. It's just a processor. That said, the Intel addressing mode is clever as ****.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”