Survey: How Key Signatures Affects Happiness in Ages 19-60

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello! I am doing a research project for my senior year on a topic that has not been covered in-depth in the field of music theory.

If you have eight minutes, are in the mentioned age group, and are willing to participate, please fill out the attached survey! No personal information aside from simply your age will be shared and all directions as well as contact information are in the survey.
https://forms.gle/apUJDos3GbdEM6636 (https://forms.gle/apUJDos3GbdEM6636)

Thank you!

odd goalpost for happiness. EG: signature of one flat is F major or D minor, two different keys and one supposes moods.
the latter of which is known to be the saddest key.

anyway apparently I'm too old for this stuff

You might want to look into a poet called Schubart, a contemporary of Beethoven, who wrote up this whole list of keys and their special qualities, and moods and mystical aspects.

Hi, I've filled out the survey, I hope it's still useful

Interesting survey. But there are fallacies.

First the introductory text is giving WAY TOO MUCH psychological implications:

Next the pitch shifting has very audible artifacts, effectively introducing a new variable to your experiment.

Also you'd want to randomize the order of presentation.

The survey was done on April 1st (in some time zones)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

the age limit strikes me as funny in context (an inchoate af notion). It's like at age 61 it dawns on one that maybe D minor is NOT the saddest key...

jancivil wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:44 pm the age limit strikes me as funny in context (an inchoate af notion). It's like at age 61 it dawns on one that maybe D minor is NOT the saddest key...
youve seen some shit by the time you are 61, you realise all keys are sad, everything is sad. :cry:
and im not even 50 :cry:

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:55 pm
jancivil wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:44 pm the age limit strikes me as funny in context (an inchoate af notion). It's like at age 61 it dawns on one that maybe D minor is NOT the saddest key...
youve seen some shit by the time you are 61, you realise all keys are sad, everything is sad. :cry:
for some, what an amazing year 61 was for me...not sad, empowering...what is the empowering key? We may see some shit by 61, but we dont have to hang onto it :tu:

Kinda like when someones says I'm gonna take a shit, I say I suggest you just leave it be :clown:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Not everyone is as lucky.

That’s life, that’s the world, that’s reality.

such utter bullshit below this.
When I was 61, I created 11 rather dense, very well mixed tracks I’m not exculpating from the world. I was homeless and had suffered catastrophic illness in more than one way. Never preach to me about sacrifice and hard work.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:57 am, edited 7 times in total.

it surely wasnt luck :lol: It was hard work, lots of tears, painful, more tears, a struggle, more tears and worth every second of it...and now I bring a message of hope after something so tragic, I bring it to adults and children with cognitive abilities that are unique I nailed it...but it wasnt luck :D

Health cooperating my future is really quite, quite, optimistic Jan and not one person on this planet will take away from me what I have accomplished in these last five years, of course no one should want to take that away either :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:14 pm
for some, what an amazing year 61 was for me...not sad, empowering...what is the empowering key? We may see some shit by 61, but we dont have to hang onto it :tu:

Kinda like when someones says I'm gonna take a shit, I say I suggest you just leave it be :clown:
i know :P

i was kinda joking re the saddest key of all, there had to be some explaination why at 61 this was no longer the case.
had i been in serious mode, id have suggested, d minor, can express happiness too, its how we use the notes. this is not spinal tap! :ud:

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:50 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:14 pm

i know :P

i was kinda joking re the saddest key of all, there had to be some explaination why at 61 this was no longer the case.
had i been in serious mode, id have suggested, d minor, can express happiness too, its how we use the notes. this is not spinal tap! :ud:
:tu:

my neighbours, right now if asked, may consider d minor to be quite distressing :lol:

4 seperate sequences, on loops, going all over the place re time, not on the same clocks :lol:

I can get a Dm chord to feedback nicely, got two guitars tuned that way...open, set her on a stand crank up the boogie...

Hink wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:32 pm I can get a Dm chord to feedback nicely, got two guitars tuned that way...open, set her on a stand crank up the boogie...

funny you should say that :lol:
i have dropped a few schwangs blooming in to feedback, dm chords :o :party:

Return to “Music Theory”