rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool, I make it to be around 3:30 pm Rob's time now so I guess the 21st is more likely.

Looking forward to giving P3 a go...... :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Does anybody know what is the upgrade price for the eXplorer users to the new bundle?

crickey13 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:19 am Does anybody know what is the upgrade price for the eXplorer users to the new bundle?
It says in their website:
"Upgrade from eXplorer to eXplorer-6 (login to request the upgrade at 'My Products') € 99-- | $ 99--"
https://www.robpapen.com/eXplorer-6_buy.html

Personally, I upgraded from two products to the whole bundle (Explorer 6) for $200 which included a free upgrade to Explorer 7.

I also got the free upgrade to Explorer 7 but I don't see it in my account. There's a button to click to upgrade in my account next to Explorer 6, but when I clicked it I was emailed a coupon code to upgrade for $99.

So how do I obtain the free upgrade?

I received a quick reply from the excellent Rob Papen support - see below.
Last edited by ZincT on Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

maybe it isnt out yet thats why ? :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Logging into my account it says...

Latest updated products. Visit 'My products' and download this latest version below your product registration:
eXplorer-7 - 21 October - (PC | Mac) - Release
Predator-3 - 21 October - (PC | Mac) - Release
RoCoder - 21 October - (PC | Mac) - Release

UPDATE: Just got email back from support to say that they will email Explorer 7 upgrade serials to those on the list for a free upgrade later today or tomorrow. :party:

ZincT wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:14 am I also got the free upgrade to Explorer 7 but I don't see it in my account. There's a button to click to upgrade in my account next to Explorer 6, but when I clicked it I was emailed a coupon code to upgrade for $99.

So how do I obtain the free upgrade?

I received a quick reply from the excellent Rob Papen support - see below.
The same here! Let's wait till tomorrow. There will be a video after few hours (but I will be in bed snoring that time!), so hopefully things will be solved. If not, just email them and remind them of the free upgrade (I might do that as well).

Oh I have just read the update! Ok then, tomorrow will see :)

You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

is there a list explorer vs explorer 7 whats new?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It's in the stores, just bought the upgrade for 49€.. It looks so unusually tidy unlike Predator 2 :D I like it :tu:

Just installed the demo. First thing I noticed is that the 133% size is too large for most DAWs when running at 1920x1080.

Rob always fails to take into consideration the toolbars that DAWs place around the plugins. It's too big for Reaper without adding a scroll bar, too big for Studio One, Cakewalk, and Orion but fits in FL Studio because you can collapse its toolbar down.

On to see if the sound improvements are worth the upgrade.....

EDIT: Alrighty then just as P2, Predator 3 is a glorious sounding instrument and the addition of the new filters is very nice but could someone check this for me please?

Choose the Default sound, saw wave, then select the "24dB LP Type Z" filter and move the Cutoff knob with your mouse. I'm finding it very steppy here but this test system can be a bit under powered both in CPU and graphics so I can't rule it out as the culprit.

Also the Manager tab doesn't seem to be working but that might just be a limitation of the demo. Sadly importing of User Waves is still restricted to proprietary formats and .wav import does not appear possible. Seems like a big missed opportunity there.

At the upgrade price of $49 I'll probably pick it up since there are a lot of additional features and the new GUI while still suffering from the size issue is much nicer in function and appearance.
Last edited by Teksonik on Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Just received my free upgrade email, yay!

Can't believe RP is still not supporting hi-dpi screens. The blurred, washed out GUI is better but disappointing.

Does the 200% size not look any better?

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:36 pm Does the 200% size not look any better?
200% is way bigger than my 21" retina monitor. Seems that RP needs to understand how to render correctly for hi-dpi if high resolution GUI exists.

*edit now I'm screwed. Trying to work out how to access the screen size settings again to get everything back on screen. :D

Return to “Instruments”