Behringer EDGE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While Crave was an awesome piece of synth, this one just sounds awful. It may be a nice little fun box, but I wouldn't use it for any production.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:39 pm While Crave was an awesome piece of synth, this one just sounds awful.
Judging by the sounds in that teaser? Well... they use a lot of noise, and were made so that you still hear that the sounds were made with an analog synth. I'm sure you can get better sound out of it. Sounds pretty similar to the Crave to me anyway (I suspect it's the same filter), if one can judge it from such a short sound demo.

German Gearnews and Bonedo say that it should be something resembling the DFAM.

its very fuscia.

If it sounds half as good as my DFAM then it will be a massive hit at that price. If anything the sequencer knobs look a lot better.
That said, they would probably sell twice as many Edges (and Craves) if they just made them in black or fit in a Eurorack case!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:31 pm its very fuscia.
More puce imho. Hideous.

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:35 pm If it sounds half as good as my DFAM then it will be a massive hit at that price. If anything the sequencer knobs look a lot better.
That said, they would probably sell twice as many Edges (and Craves) if they just made them in black or fit in a Eurorack case!
i imagine they will do seperate modules for the various bits?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:37 pm
More puce imho. Hideous.
im not going to fight over it, on account of being high and colour blind :lol:

Looks pink to me... :)

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:41 pm Looks pink to me... :)
It's not Fiesta Red for sure.

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:39 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:35 pm If it sounds half as good as my DFAM then it will be a massive hit at that price. If anything the sequencer knobs look a lot better.
I don't think they ever did for the Crave and that's been out a few years.

If they announced that they were doing it now it would take 2 years before it it the shops anyway!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:57 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:39 pm
I don't think they ever did for the Crave and that's been out a few years.

If they announced that they were doing it now it would take 2 years before it it the shops anyway!
who knows what goes on in ulis head?
so many seemingly weird business decisions, but hey, he seems to keep making money.

and yes, the endless waits, not knowing if the thing is really happening???
has anyone seen wing yet?!? :o

Oh, Barbie's Dfam!
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:37 pm
More puce imho. Hideous.
Prepuce, even, somewhat :hihi:

sinkmusic wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 pm Oh, Barbie's Dfam!
Naaa, she has a pink laptop running what looks like Studio One ;-)

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/bar ... 235066472/

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:01 pm
has anyone seen wing yet?!? :o
They have refurbished mixers called "Wing" in there shop on ebay. Is that the one you mean ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255176963213 ... Swe65fUjZn

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”