rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:04 pm You can hear the filter zipper noise at 7:48 of the video above.
I remember noticing it while I was doing it and I didn't believe it was what I thought it was but I guess it is.
Last edited by dvnation on Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zipper noise? You mean stepping?

Some of the parameters in their products have a zipper noise while adjusting. Even in Punch 3. I reported this a few times, but It hasn't been changed.

Predator reminds me of the old 8 Bit sound sample quality of my old Amiga tracker sample collection. Lo-fi and glassy.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

This sounds straight 80s/90s.

Dark Lights wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:45 pm Some of the parameters in their products have a zipper noise while adjusting. Even in Punch 3. I reported this a few times, but It hasn't been changed.
Because of the technical issues I see with their UIs I suspect that there's also such problems with their sound engines. I don't know this for sure, but what you say confirms that hunch.

Great upgrade for Predator :tu: I like it more than Predator 2 but I still like the GUI of Predator 1 more!

I haven't tested the sound yet, but I expect it to be fantastic as I love BIT, so I expect Predator 3 to be one of my go to synths that I first insert (besides Zebra and Pigments).

However, the VST3 still has a problem in Cubase with Windows 150% scaling! There is a white big margin that I can't resize to get rid of! I already reported that with Explorer 6, but Jon didn't fix it yet. I hope it will be soon. Here is a screenshot with Predator VST3 with 133% and in the background VST2 (works fine) with 200%:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Does it remain that way after you shut down Cubase and then reopen it then load P3?

I won't say this update seems rushed but it doesn't feel thoroughly tested either. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes. It still the same.

Wow, it almost begs the question did Rob have any beta testers? It seems like someone would have caught this. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Those new presets in yt video sound very precise and hifi, I like it! :)

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:41 pm Wow, it almost begs the question did Rob have any beta testers? It seems like someone would have caught this. :?
To be fair, the Windows scaling is messy with every host! 200% of the size of Predator 3 is not the same inside Cubase or Bitwig or Ableton Live!

The VST3 margin thing is the same inside Bitwig and Cubase, but I think Rob doesn't have 4k monitor scaled to 150% for example, or he would notice it! So, yeah, they need more beta testers.

Anyway, Rob is not lazy person as I noticed, so when he see a bug, you see it fixed the next time he is showing the plugin in the video, so I hope all will be fixed soon :)

Oh yes I have nothing but the highest respect for Rob and Jon. I'm sure they'll work on a fix. I didn't install the VST3 version so can't try here.

It seems like they would be working with higher end systems 4K etc but even on 1080p their GUI sizes are odd.

I wish Rob had a forum because I don't like interacting on Facebook or Twitter etc.

You can write to their support. Jon is responsive and he is answering the technical questions. They are both friendly and responsive :)

Personally, I like most of their plugins and I like how they sound and look. The pricing is very reasonable and fair when you have a plugin or more and upgrade to the full bundle.

Yes I've had contact with them through support several times over the years and they've always been super responsive and nice.

I just prefer forum interaction with developers.

Return to “Instruments”