is there a spectrum analyser that can show resonances as claro can do ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I test the demo of claro and it EDIT: do not work when PC is longer in standby, when DAW is running. So i search for a solution that show such resonances too. it help for guitars or drums good for better sound. a example how it look is in screenshot. on the brighter frequency in the analyser when reduce level sound often better.

So it is very usefull to have this feature.
resonances.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by magicmusic on Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

A narrow frequency peak is a resonance, by definition ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No need for highligh here.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Pretty much what DJ Warmonger said.

I often just grab SIR Spectrum Analyzer for such Tasks as the Peak Detection & Peak Focus are very useful. There is a free Version which can do all of that.

https://www.siraudiotools.com/Spectrum-Analyzer.php
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

The HOFA analyzer can not only show peak values but energy distribution too. This can help identifying resonances. It also has a auto-marker feature which points to "relevant" peaks and dips. Worth a try.

I install the hofa analyser . it have good features, have a peak hold and a snapshot function and can load and save curves and can shift the peak holds or let them blink so see them better but have no EQ built in. its the best analyser i see. but have no EQ built in.

the SIR seem not have so much features, but i test it too
DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:58 pm A narrow frequency peak is a resonance, by definition ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No need for highligh here.
In my screenshot can see there are many narrow frequency peaks and valleys. but only few of them are highlight and bring better sound when reduce. claro maybe detect if the peaks are during the time longer on the same place.

maybe a sonogram or spectrum tool that show over time can do this. but in the melda sonogram can not see such peaks. there need a normalize feature so the peaks and valleys that differ from 1 octave average can see better

To be honest and even there is also a SIR EQ. Maybe it is the better Option to choose the one you have posted in the first Place, since all the other Ones mentioned will cost you more or about the same as the Sonnox Claro.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Hornet multifreqs? It’s not an eq per se but you can compare the spectrums of different tracks and there is a ‘collision’ view to highlight clashing areas.

Sonible smart eq 3? On top of the ‘auto starting point’ eq curves, you can view multiple tracks in one visualizer. Plus you can ‘group’ tracks together and it will duck competing frequencies.

Those are two I have that are right off the top of my head. I’m demoing Claro as well and it is a pretty slick package from a usability standpoint. Sounds good too!

Yes FL Studio's parametric EQ 2 and Wave Candy have this display.

Peaks could either be harmonics or resonances so it's clever if the EQ can show you the difference.

Return to “Effects”