Make Studio One behave in a one to one relationship.

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
12586 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:13 pm

pinki wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:06 am
I know the "one channel in the session view can address multiple channels in the mixer" idea is clever but it's also annoying for me. Is there a way to turn it off so that if I delete a channel in either the mixer or session view it deletes its corresponding other?
Right-click -> Remove Track and Instrument. It really couldn't be easier.
pdxindy wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 am
I've never used Studio One so it is hard to visualize. So if one is using Arrangement and wants to edit an Instrument or FX one would switch to a Mixer view to do that?
Well, of course. How else could it possibly work? And you don't have to "switch" to the Mixer view, you can display both views at the same time, which you want to do because the Mixer can display controls for its native effects without you having to open a floating window.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10(64), Evo8 | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Thorn, Equator, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Rocket.

jancivil
KVRAF
23337 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:29 am

oneway wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:10 pm
pinki wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:15 am
Sure that's a shortcut to get rid of tracks, but ideally I'd like to not have this behaviour at all..I can't stand it!
I'm sure I heard Gregor mention sometime ago that there was a preference to make Studio One work like a regular DAW in this respect.
There is not. It and Cubase both have separate sequencer tracks and mixer channels. You can link a track to a channel using the "Channel" drop down in the Inspector but it's handled automatically for the most part and it's just a visual thing that probably doesn't do what you're looking to do.
If that is the goal, yeah, not possible. To be perfectly clear, Cubase segregates <MIDI> tracks from the resultant instrument channel, so one MIDI track or part may have many results in the mixer. Also here's MIDI volume, CC7 which isn't the volume for the instrument (its audio), which is a good thing, flexibility. EG: there are instruments where CC7 is something to impart energy to the instrument, a lot of variance you don't want like you're riding gain... (IE: more of a CC lane in an editor than mixing)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”