rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, I agree. Forum interaction is better for bugs reports and suggestions as they are easier to test on different systems.

Downloaded and tried it in Studio One, well the GUI dimensions suck at 1440p too.

100% Too small
200% Too big
133% Adds an area border with empty space that takes up another third of the GUI space for nothing.

There is too much mouse drift when twisting the knobs, like the mouse cursor is miles away from the knob itself between minimum and full rotation.

The XY Panel is unnecessary cluttered - Labels are repeated, why don't you just have one label at the top ?

Mod Display Fields: Far too many at 28, why not two pages with 14 so everything is not so crammed together and not with tiny text ?

Main XY Pad is far too big and should be a third of the size, so more space is provided for the main parameter window.

Oscillator displays: The signal line overlaps the text that is displayed in them.

On off switches. Thin red circle, why not a solid red circle ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

So.... I'm counting about 72 "new" Predator 3 presets, with some duplicates in there. Is that it, Rob Papen? I compared P2 to P3, side by side, and that's all I'm seeing.

Might as well complain about how a fork enters your mouth

Okay, well if asking a question is complaining, let me re-phrase.

There are about 72 new Predator 3 presets.

Do they ever do deals on black friday , for example, on the update price for Explorer ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:43 am Downloaded and tried it in Studio One, well the GUI dimensions suck at 1440p too.

100% Too small
200% Too big
133% Adds an area border with empty space that takes up another third of the GUI space for nothing
Same problem is with 1080. It's either small or big. This needs to have various options. Even 25% increases. Can't properly work with Punch 2 on 1080 screen.
Last edited by Dark Lights on Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

is anyone having trouble adjusting the per-step ratchet on the arp? OS X au and vst - it doesn't seem to respond to mouse/trackpad at all unless it's already set (in the Berlin school preset, for example) and then only if you double-click, which turns it off never to be turned on again.

dvnation wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:38 am Okay, well if asking a question is complaining, let me re-phrase.

There are about 72 new Predator 3 presets.
Only 72???? He said there will be more coming but normally you release a new/synth version with at least 200 or 300 new presets?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I don't find the scaling very good either. 133% is also too large for me on a 2k display in Cubase, it lacks meaningful intermediate values. You should also say that Rob (or report as a bug).

Edited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ho do you guys have access to Predator 3?

EDIT: I found it. But strangely, I didn't receive any notification from RP (???)
Fernando (FMR)

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:03 am It's priced the same as Icarus 2, Dune 3 and Hive 2, all of which outclass it on just about every level
+1
Also Massive X, Serum, Rapid, and even budget friendly ANA 2 can do more.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:03 am Soundwise it's ok, excels at the more glassy digital sounds but doesn't really sound any different to the original Predator. It's priced the same as Icarus 2, Dune 3 and Hive 2, all of which outclass it on just about every level (although the UI on Hive is a clusterfuck IMO).
Not very impressed by the sound demos either here. Sounds a tad thin and tame, TBH.

Return to “Instruments”