rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We're a tough crowd and it's a crowded stage these days :wink:
No auto tune...

Yep. :) I'd be the first to admit that I'm spoiled. :D

I made a quick trip through the demo preset, and tried some tweakings. It's a very different synth than the wavetable based ones people have been comparing it with (seems unfair, IMO), but it's far from being a "simple" and "limited" synth (quite the opposite - it's very dense and powerful, with lots of waveforms, and lots of filter options, for example).

Overpriced? Maybe - as some already said, we are spoiled nowadays. But it's certainly a high quality synth, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:03 am Soundwise it's ok, excels at the more glassy digital sounds but doesn't really sound any different to the original Predator
In this case I guess I will stick with eXplorer-6 for the time being.

Is there anything new in the new version outside of the new GUI and ZDF filters?
With Predator-3 we have integrated many new features into the Arpeggiator, added Multi Envelopes, added an ‘Audio Follower input’ for Side Chain control, and last but not least it has also received the analog-modeled sound code from B.I.T. which allows an uncompromised audio quality for analog types of sound or hybrid wavetable sounds!
Anything else?

Hi all,

has anyone tried using Predator 3 in Komplete Kontrol, mine refuses to show up at all via browser only in the drop down menu, anyone else had this.
Many thanks,
Glyn.

Glyn Darby wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:12 am Hi all,

has anyone tried using Predator 3 in Komplete Kontrol, mine refuses to show up at all via browser only in the drop down menu, anyone else had this.
Many thanks,
Glyn.
At this moment there is not yet NKS support for Predator 3.
It is still to come is what support did tell me.

FotoxBr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:16 am
Glyn Darby wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:12 am Hi all,

Many thanks,
Glyn.
At this moment there is not yet NKS support for Predator 3.
It is still to come is what support did tell me.
Hi Mate,
thanks for the info.
Cheers,
Glyn.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:03 am The 100% size on my 1920 x 1080p screen is just right (pic below). On my system (Win 10, FL Studio) the interface seems a bit choppy though. Moving dials looks like it's rendering at sub 20 fps and filter sweeps sound extremely steppy, not sure if that's related.
At 1920x1080 here 100% is acceptable for general usage but a bit too small for patch programming or editing. Go in to the Mod Matrix at 100% and it's too small to be comfortable.

When I'm making patches I like a GUI to be as big as possible to see the controls better.

The good thing about FL is you can collapse down the toolbar and it allows plugin GUIs to go over the main interface so 133% will work fine but not in any of the other four DAWs I own.

I did mention the filter step issue earlier and it seems much more pronounced when physically moving the Cutoff knob with a mouse rather than say modulating it with an LFO so it seems somewhat related to graphics performance. The knobs do suffer from some low frame rate behavior here as well at least on my test system which has onboard Intel graphics.

I guess somebody has to report the issues to Rob and Jon. I just hate dealing with support tickets. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

crickey13 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:55 am Is there anything new in the new version outside of the new GUI and ZDF filters?
With Predator-3 we have integrated many new features into the Arpeggiator, added Multi Envelopes, added an ‘Audio Follower input’ for Side Chain control, and last but not least it has also received the analog-modeled sound code from B.I.T. which allows an uncompromised audio quality for analog types of sound or hybrid wavetable sounds!
Anything else?
The Arp can now send midi out to other plugins which is cool due to the ratcheting and other features.

So is the upgrade worth $50 ? I think so but you should try the demo yourself. I'll probably go for the upgrade and replace Predator 2 but P3 does feel like it needs some tweaks in future versions.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 pm P3 does feel like it needs some tweaks in future versions.
Yeah, I will hold off for this reason, but will upgrade eventually once all the issues have been resolved. I like the new GUI much better.

Blade 2 will keep me busy and Predator 2 is still pretty good despite the questionable aesthetics.
Last edited by crickey13 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Has anyone posted this video yet ? From 19 hours ago:

(Nice patches at 22:14, 24:35)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0tq8cHpM0

This looks incredibly similar to Serum. But how is the sound?

We need 125% size for comfortable work at 1920x1080.

Lbdunequest wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:47 pm This looks incredibly similar to Serum. But how is the sound?
Examples of the sound are literally right above your post. :wink:

I wouldn't call it similar to Serum at all.

AlienForce wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:58 pm We need 125% size for comfortable work at 1920x1080.
Yes. That would be nice. :tu:

I find it odd that no one who worked on P3 was using 1920x1080. It's still one of the most common resolutions. :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”