Behringer EDGE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dellboy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:25 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:01 pm
has anyone seen wing yet?!? :o
They have refurbished mixers called "Wing" in there shop on ebay. Is that the one you mean ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255176963213 ... Swe65fUjZn
:tu: :o i totally missed it was launched!
it actually looked pretty good when they announced, but im guessing if i didnt hear about how great it is, it wasnt?
shame, it was something different, that was their own idea.

would be interested in finding a user or two for comments? (not reviewers who are looking for clicks ;) )

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 pm
dellboy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:25 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:01 pm
has anyone seen wing yet?!? :o
They have refurbished mixers called "Wing" in there shop on ebay. Is that the one you mean ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255176963213 ... Swe65fUjZn
:tu: :o i totally missed it was launched!
it actually looked pretty good when they announced, but im guessing if i didnt hear about how great it is, it wasnt?
shame, it was something different, that was their own idea.

would be interested in finding a user or two for comments? (not reviewers who are looking for clicks ;) )
The X23 is supposed to be good value

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Can I live with myself if I buy two? :ud: :help:
<List your stupid gear here>

I have already bought the DFAM so I can buy one guilt free (a DFAM with midi not in my Eurorack case!) but I am in no hurry…let’s see how the production model sounds first….
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Damn, wth has behringer done to your other mother... with behri, I'd mostly be worried about
cheap manufacturing processes, flimsy jack mounts and cheapy knob mounts and whatnot. That's where they cut costs apparently.

which is odd because they didn't used to do that, I have an old eurorack (just the name) mixer,
and it's built like a friggen tank.

Yawn. How about the UB-Xa? Hope to see it in my lifetime.

I have a couple of Craves and they're solid in terms of construction. Can't say the same about the Model D with its tiny plastic knobs.
<List your stupid gear here>

pekbro wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:43 pm Damn, wth has behringer done to your other mother... with behri, I'd mostly be worried about
cheap manufacturing processes, flimsy jack mounts and cheapy knob mounts and whatnot. That's where they cut costs apparently.

which is odd because they didn't used to do that, I have an old eurorack (just the name) mixer,
and it's built like a friggen tank.
Nah. I have their Odyssey and Model D. Both solid like a tank. Nothing to complain about.

I don't have a doubt that it's not as well built as, say, a Moog, but, I'm also pretty sure that Behringer stepped up their game, compared to 10-15 years ago or so.

People who are concerned about build quality should go software. :P

I hear it's mostly in the components and pcb mounting, but I can't say from 1st hand certainly. :shrug:
*There are guys that change all that stuff out them actually, pots faders etc...

A hot pink drum synth...... Bold move!
So many choices in percussion synths

Constructed Identity wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:20 pm A hot pink drum synth...... Bold move!
What others are you thinking of other than DFAM?

Behringer gets singled out for a lot of stuff, some of self-inflicted stupidity. They do have a 3 year warranty on most of their gear. On the other hand, it wasn't Behringer that was recently fined for price fixing scams. You'd have to go to Korg, Yamaha, Roland and Fender for that dubious honor.

Thomann was recently fined for price fixing scams as well. And, guess what, they still have exactly the same prices as Music Store, Session Music, Musikhaus Korn etc.

"Price fixing" itself is a scam. Of course, companies or vendors take a look at the competition in regards of their prices. Would be mega stupid to sell something for peanuts, which is expensive anywhere else.

_leras wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:02 am
Constructed Identity wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:20 pm A hot pink drum synth...... Bold move!
What others are you thinking of other than DFAM?

:hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”