*HALLOWEEN ONLY* - VPRE-73 Halloween Edition (AAX/VST/AU)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VPRE-73 Halloween Edition

Things are getting spooky over at Black Rooster Audio, with the VPRE-73 Halloween Edition plug-in (available as AAX/VST/AU).

This extremely limited edition unit is the perfect addition to your ominous Fall mixing sessions with its spine-chilling design!

What’s new?
  • New CRANK multiplicator, that pushes the gain stages input volume by up to 5 times.
  • New High-Pass Frequency control, to further shape the processed signal.
  • New Spooky Design.

The dark and mysterious sibling of your beloved VPRE-73 will only be available until November 1st, then it will be gone forever.

Get the VPRE-73 Halloween Edition while you can - don't miss out!

Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

Pity there's no discount for existing VPRE-73 license holders. :(

Also, the Login link under Sitemap at the bottom of your website goes to a 404 ErrorPage.

Is the effect of the crank knob significantly different from boosting the gain by an equivalent amount before it goes into the plugin?

If you'd priced the upgrade from VPRE-73 to this at $10 (though $5 actually seems more reasonable) I probably would have bought it, but $30 seems almost insulting---and almost like a con job if the "crank" and high pass filter add as little as I think they do.

Answered all my questions at Gearspace, this is redundant - thank you
Last edited by Agreed on Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

as i say bullshit marketing

for loayal customers

congrats black rooster

D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:25 pm as i say bullshit marketing

for loayal customers

congrats black rooster
Classy!
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

telecharge wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:46 pm Pity there's no discount for existing VPRE-73 license holders. :(

Also, the Login link under Sitemap at the bottom of your website goes to a 404 ErrorPage.
Thank you, we will look into the link issue!
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:04 pm Is the effect of the crank knob significantly different from boosting the gain by an equivalent amount before it goes into the plugin?

If you'd priced the upgrade from VPRE-73 to this at $10 (though $5 actually seems more reasonable) I probably would have bought it, but $30 seems almost insulting---and almost like a con job if the "crank" and high pass filter add as little as I think they do.
Economically that totally doesn't make sense -- the transaction fees for modern day payment gateways is close to those $5 alone. I mean, even if you don't think the changes (which is not only a gain added) are worth it -- you understand, that there is money and work involved in providing plug-ins and surrounding services, right?

It is saddening me, to have to defend our very reasonable pricing strategy each time we release something.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

It is very very unfair that people asks BRA now to selll cheaper just because during the pandemic he (they) made the strong effort of selling the whole lot of plugins for a very economic price just to help musicians. That was the exception, guys, because of the pandemic. Those plugins were worth far more than that and it wouldn't be sustainable for them to keep those prices so low. 29$ for a new plugin from a well reputed and robust developer like BRA is the minimum. Also, now that the license transfers are made very fast and with an excellent attention from BRA, they should charge 5$ in my opinion. I don't want them to break, I want them to have a sustainable business to keep doing plugins, so they can't release new ones for 10$ or 15$ even if you have all of them.

BlackRooster wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:04 pm Is the effect of the crank knob significantly different from boosting the gain by an equivalent amount before it goes into the plugin?

Economically that totally doesn't make sense -- the transaction fees for modern day payment gateways is close to those $5 alone. I mean, even if you don't think the changes (which is not only a gain added) are worth it -- you understand, that there is money and work involved in providing plug-ins and surrounding services, right?

It is saddening me, to have to defend our very reasonable pricing strategy each time we release something.
Unless the taxes in Germany are absurdly high, I find that hard to believe; Paypal charges businesses "2.9 percent of the payment plus 30 cents per transaction".

Most of us have a ton of high quality high pass filters, including your own freebie iirc. Your description gives us no reason to think this high pass filter is special.

Most DAWs have a gain tool.

The updated skin looks like it would take 5 minutes for someone with no graphical design skill to make using cheesy clip art. And while I like the idea, it doesn't look very good or professional.

As you usually do with sales, you could make up the cost of the minimal labor that seems to have gone into this by increased volume + capitalizing on the Halloween season.

what should a customers think if he have the normal version
and the owner must pay the full price for this rip off ?

and again this is bullshit marketing

im glad that im out you look like waves or plugin alliance

with this high amount of bullshit

You know what I am picking it up. I use VPRE a lot and I got it for a screaming price in the All Bundle deal they did earlier this year. $29 for it just as a plugin on its own merits is a very fair price IMO, it has the original's very tasty saturation & handy high shelf plus some added features. I would have paid $29 for the original after demoing it if I needed just that thing and the opportunity had been in front of me at the time I needed it.

... and I have read elsewhere that BRA could kind of use the help after a rough year, and if it helps them stay around and keep making good stuff - :tu:

Edit: lmao the skull knobs are growing on me, they did a good job with the lighting on them. Festive :evil: :hyper:
Last edited by Agreed on Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:32 pm im glad that im out
I'm sure the feeling is mutual

Even I think this is lame, and you should see my décor.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:32 pm what should a customers think if he have the normal version
and the owner must pay the full price for this rip off ?
If the gimmick/novelty is worth it - pay.
If it isn't - don't.
How is this so difficult.

The entitlement around here is just f**king weird.
I own the original, i'm not buying this - nothing gained, nothing lost.
Why the tantrum? :dog:

Return to “Effects”