rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gaggle of hermits wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:50 am is anyone having trouble adjusting the per-step ratchet on the arp? OS X au and vst - it doesn't seem to respond to mouse/trackpad at all unless it's already set (in the Berlin school preset, for example) and then only if you double-click, which turns it off never to be turned on again.
Yup same here
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Guys, I think you were lit... The sound ancient, uncomfortable interface... I am very grateful to Rob and Jon for their excellent work, and for what they did a lot available for blind users. You easily with good eyesight pick hundred synthesizers and piste your nose from your coolness....

Would you mind running that through Google Translate for us ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have posted Rob the link to the thread, maybe he will chime in and can say something about the zoom and the 133% himself.

I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Nice update!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:10 pm Would you mind running that through Google Translate for us ?
He probably did :lol:
No auto tune...

Teksonik, sorry, i am very bad speak an english.
I resent the fact that users do not appreciate a great and convenient synthesizer.

Alex_Longard wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:33 pm Teksonik, sorry, i am very bad speak an english.
I resent the fact that users do not appreciate a great and convenient synthesizer.
That's ok English is my only language and I'm bad at it.

I just couldn't figure out what point you were trying to make.

I think many of us appreciate Predator 3 a great deal but there are some issues that we would like to see addressed. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

predator 3 seems great, but the gui is too big at 100% on my laptop so i can't use it, have to stick with predator 1

I think this GUI size problem will hunt Rob till he find a permanent solution like Arturia did!

Personally, I'm fine with 4k 27" scaled 150% if I stick to one DAW! That's not Rob's fault! It is because there is no real standard for resizing inside the DAWs. For example, in Cubase, only Cubase is scaled 150% but 3rd party plugins appear like it is 100% scaled (the OS, Windows here) but in Bitwig or Live they are 150% scaled inside the DAW! So, when I use 200% of Predator 3 in Cubase, I need to resize it again in Bitwig to 133% because 200% is too big! It is not only RP plugins, but all 3rd party plugins.

So, the only solution for Rob is to make many sizes like with u-he and Arturia plugins, unless he change everything to vector! For me, I'm trying to stick to Cubase only so I don't change the sizes all the times!

The GUI knobs are slow and clunky... and I'm using a quadcore CPU at 3.7 Ghz and an RX570 8 Gig Graphics card.

How can Rob Papen release a product with so many issues ?

Some other things GUI related.

The text is too dark on the displays, the arpeggiator being one aspect you can see being a problem. What's wrong with white text to make the GUI more clear ?

Anything would be an improvement over Predator 2, but the colour scheme is rather depressing, with grey text on a dark background. Here's some reskin designs of Hive I did for comparison.. here.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

EnGee wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:52 pm Personally, I'm fine with 4k 27" scaled 150% if I stick to one DAW!
I've never used anything but 100% scaling for OS, DAW, and Plugins so I'm wondering what is the advantage and need to use higher scaling values?

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 pm Here's some reskin designs of Hive I did for comparison.. here.
To be honest I'd have a really hard time using any of your Hive reskins. :o

Predator 3 has crashed on me a few times in Logic. And I mean like completely crashed, shutting down Logic. Happens when I manually manipulate the curves in the ENV-LFO-AF screen. Also experiencing some unexpected behavior in the preset manager where my custom banks can't be deleted no matter what. The more I spend time with P3 (and the 72 new presets), the more the words "rush job" come to mind.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:33 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 pm Here's some reskin designs of Hive I did for comparison.. here.
To be honest I'd have a really hard time using any of your Hive reskins. :o
They work great in the dark and of course you have 5 levels of gamma with Hive so they serve daytime use as well. I think with Predator though, that not being able to actually reskin Rob Papens plugins to one's liking is a big minus these days. They need to be of an exceptional quality in design to not feel the need to do that, Thorn is one example of that.

Rob Papen is in my experience, very reluctant in doing anything to improve his GUI designs once they are available to download. Very stubborn in sticking to his vision...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Instruments”