Izotope Going Subscription?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:14 pm
pekbro wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:30 pm Sub only huh
It isn't, but it never stops people saying it is.
Ahh ok thx...

It looks like RX 9 is now part of MPS 4 https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/music-p ... ite-4.html

but if that's the case shouldn't existing MPS4 owners be entitled to an upgrade to RX 9 even if they bought it when it included RX 8? - otherwise it should really be MPS 4.5 or something.

I guess you could argue well there's the $49 upgrade but tbh I really don't think it is worth that for the standard version at least - you get very little new stuff in standard, and you have to balance that against the fact that MPS 4 owners have had no real updates of any sort apart from a couple of bug fixes to the products in this suite because all the updating going on now is for subscription line products only.

I don't care any longer about them, switched over to Acon Digital.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:27 pm I don't care any longer about them, switched over to Acon Digital.
Acon Digital is so good. One of those "no regrets" type of purchases.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:30 pm It looks like RX 9 is now part of MPS 4 https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/music-p ... ite-4.html

but if that's the case shouldn't existing MPS4 owners be entitled to an upgrade to RX 9 even if they bought it when it included RX 8? - otherwise it should really be MPS 4.5 or something.

I guess you could argue well there's the $49 upgrade but tbh I really don't think it is worth that for the standard version at least - you get very little new stuff in standard, and you have to balance that against the fact that MPS 4 owners have had no real updates of any sort apart from a couple of bug fixes to the products in this suite because all the updating going on now is for subscription line products only.
Oh well I have put the question to iZotope support

Did you ever get an answer? I am curious about 4.0-4.1 upgrade.

I only just got into Ozone - via a freebie Elements with another purchase. Was actually thinking of upgrading/buying to at least standard, possibly Pro - it's not perfect but I have to say mostly good results and absolute ease of use. Definitely postpone that now. I noticed the sub option on their website but obviously ignored it and passed straight over it, but it's sounding like that's the direction they're heading in. I don't generally buy into constant upgrading, but sometimes it has to be done. Especially now with the speed of development of new OS, new host versions etc I won't be buying something that might be redundant in a year's time if they do go the sub route.

I won't be renting any s/w on subscription, period. If everything eventually goes that route, I'll go back to the full h/w method, and despite being tedious...goodbye s/w.

Return to “Effects”