rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:14 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:16 am Did anyone test the intelligent preset function?
Yes and it's not really an intelligent preset creator it's designed to make variations on an existing patch and even then I found it to be lackluster.

In other words you can't start with the Default patch and make it come up with a full patch or at least I couldn't after several attempts.

I normally don't use randomizers but I have to admit the one in Warlock yields usable results about 90% of the time. Good for inspiration when you can't find one of your own patches to fill a need. :tu:
Thx a lot for the infos! But say we got a pluck i like but somehow wanna have it a bit changed in tone etc. And click 20 times to change it. Will you get some varied tone still where you might say hey this is nice didnt expect it to sound like that from zhe initial preset? Thx, i hope to get expl7 next week.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes you can load a patch and click Generate and it will make variations. There are four different "Parameter Ranges" to choose from. You can choose "Save As" right from the Randomizer window if you find a variation that you like.

If you select the Default patch and click Generate it doesn't really do much so not a Present Randomizer but a Variation Generator.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Has anybody gotten the "Preset Morphing" to work? I don't see a way to load a patch into A or B. Clicking on the Preset or Bank area does nothing. Maybe it's a demo limitation related to the fact that you can't access the Manager tab from the demo. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:37 am My studio monitor is 27" at 1920x1080, 100% scaling and that seems like a good compromise.

I've resisted going 4K because of all the issues I've seen posted with various plugins. :?
There are no problems at 4K if you use a 43" 4K monitor, like I've got (i.e. any 4K TV will do just fine, mine is a Linsar model, £199 from Richer Sounds in 2019, six year guarantee, once I had found out the correct settings to make fonts, etc. look perfectly sharp, it's been fine ever since.)
If you are using a 27" 4K monitor then you are going to have problems, and I would never recommend using such a monitor, it's too small for 4K. My monitor is the same as four 21" 1920 x 1080 monitors stuck together.
The best news is that I will never have to upgrade - first of all, I will never want a monitor bigger than 43" because there isn't enough room on my desk, and I can't comfortably look any further up, down, right or left than with my existing monitor, and secondly because I don't want more than 4K pixels, it looks pin sharp as it is. I wonder how the TV and monitor industry are going to try to convince us all that we 'need' 8K, etc.

Well in my studio using a 43" monitor would be like sitting in the front row of a movie theater. It would be ridiculously large. There is only 27" between my studio monitors speakers and after all proper listening position is more important that how big of an image you have.

Clarity of image would be the only reason for me to upgrade to 4K not size of image. :shrug:

I might one day move up to a 32" monitor but I'd never use a TV due to issues such as Lag.

https://www.vssmonitoring.com/can-you-u ... r-monitor/

BenfordLaw wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:27 pm If you are using a 27" 4K monitor then you are going to have problems, and I would never recommend using such a monitor, it's too small for 4K.
Maybe for you; depends how far away you are from the monitor. I have a 27" 4K monitor on my desk, and it's noticeably less crisp than my retina Macbook screen. In my case, I definitely wouldn't go larger than 27" for 4K.

NB) macOS automatically scales everything x2 on 4K so it looks like a sharp version of 1920x1080. This is why non-optimised plugins look so bad. There is a large Predator 3 GUI option which could look perfectly sharp on a Mac retina display if rendered as a hi-dpi image.

Alex_Longard wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:04 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 pm The GUI knobs are slow and clunky... and I'm using a quadcore CPU at 3.7 Ghz and an RX570 8 Gig Graphics card.
try disabling tooltips and animations in the plugin. This will help determine why the GUI is slowing down.
There are no tool tips one can disable from what I can see on the back panel, other than dial animations. Either way, it makes no difference.... there is a full second delay between clicking on something or moving something. Using the dials is pretty much futile, even the EQ is terrible. I can click on a point of the EQ and do cursor rings around the XY pad in the time it takes to move.

The last time I saw anything like this with instruments was in a Reason beta, where backend code was running.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

From the hamburger icon on the upper right corner:

P3 102321-1.png

EDIT: But even with both of those options turned off the GUI is very laggy here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The tool tip seems glitchy! Disable it from the "hamburger icon" menu next to the tools menu.

The range is too big IMO, even when mapping it to a knob in my controller.

The GUI needs further polishing. However, I spent a great time with Predator 3 yesterday night. I like the colours more now and the sound is great 👍

There are so many usable and inspiring presets. They cover many styles and finding/tweaking what I want is very fast.

I have enjoyed my time and put many sketches to develop, not only by using Predator 3, but Punch 2 and Blade 2. Great synths and drums indeed 👍

"Show Wave Screen on Preset Change=Off" does not seem to work. Even with it off no matter what other screen is selected changing a patch will switch to the wave screen even after restarting the plugin. :?

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:06 pm "Show Wave Screen on Preset Change=Off" does not seem to work. Even with it off no matter what other screen is selected changing a patch will switch to the wave screen even after restarting the plugin. :?
It works here! But I'm using the VST2 version because of the "white margin" problem in VST3. Which one do you use? Also which host? ;)

Try selecting patches with the drop down menus not the arrows.

Using the arrows it does not switch to the wave screen but using the drop down it does switch to the wave screen no matter what screen was previously selected. I'm using the VST 2 version.

It's working fine with the arrows, menu and manager selections. I'm using Cubase. I'll try in Bitwig and other DAWs now!

It is working fine with Reaper and Bitwig as well! Change your DAW! :hihi:

I'm using the demo and you've got the full version since you can access the Manager page which is not available in the demo.

That may be a bug in the demo only.

Anyone who is running the demo want to see if you get the same behavior ?

It happens here in four different DAWs.

Return to “Instruments”