Looking for a software delay similar to the Moogerfooger delay

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
10262 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:48 am

donato wrote:A short example of the stuff I would like to do is the 45 second intro to the song here I did many years ago with just a synth and the delay. Maybe many things can do this sort of thing, but perhaps posting it will help show what type of effect I'm looking for:

https://soundcloud.com/donchesson/to-new-horizons
Maybe Xils Le Masque Delay could bring you in similar territories, with its 0df filters and the feedback function ( also the freeze function could get you some nice things ) and with a tape saturation insterted after the delay in the aux bus.

You should try it in "simple Mode" ( Masks disabled ), then engage the "feedback", then play with the filter settings and rez.

The Freeze button will give you much joy as well.

Maybe ..... ??

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

KVRist
127 posts since 28 Dec, 2012

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:49 am

Lotuzia wrote:
donato wrote:A short example of the stuff I would like to do is the 45 second intro to the song here I did many years ago with just a synth and the delay. Maybe many things can do this sort of thing, but perhaps posting it will help show what type of effect I'm looking for:

https://soundcloud.com/donchesson/to-new-horizons
Maybe Xils Le Masque Delay could bring you in similar territories, with its 0df filters and the feedback function ( also the freeze function could get you some nice things ) and with a tape saturation insterted after the delay in the aux bus.

You should try it in "simple Mode" ( Masks disabled ), then engage the "feedback", then play with the filter settings and rez.

The Freeze button will give you much joy as well.

Maybe ..... ??

LtZ
Nope, not even close.

Urs
u-he
26018 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:01 am

metalifuxx wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:One thing the MF-104 can do that hasn't been covered yet: process delay repeats through an external FX loop. EQ or filter is the obvious choice and many delay plugins will do this already, but mod FX like chorus or phaser also work well.
+1

Why hasn't any developer really done this yet? I am not asking for a modular vst plugin hosting implementation, but just a separate feedback section with the ability to pick and choose some built in effects to be added in to the feedback path. Something with more than just drive/filters and chorus mod.
Hehehe, MFM2 has distortion, filters, phasers, frequency shifters and other delays available in the feedback path, all modulatable by a bunch of things.

It's not exactly a bucket brigade implementation though and it's rather complex, so it might not be what the OP wants.

KVRAF
10262 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:16 am

wald wrote: Nope, not even close.
Did you try the 1.5 version with the feedback ?
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

KVRian

Topic Starter

637 posts since 9 Nov, 2003

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:35 am

I think for this particular need, Dubstation seems to have it basically covered (conceding quality, but at a fraction of the cost. It's there in spirit anyway). I am interested additionally in a more general usage delay though, so will be exploring more options as well as some I have already demo'd.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:30 pm

On the other hand, I can get the results with echoboy that I can with DubStation with a little tweaking and it would cover all other delay needs. Hell, I don't know....

KVRist
127 posts since 28 Dec, 2012

Post Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:02 pm

Lotuzia wrote:
wald wrote: Nope, not even close.
Did you try the 1.5 version with the feedback ?
No, with 1.x.

Just to be clear, I am not saying it does not sound good, just that I think it does not come close to a pedal...

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Update: Well, after playing with dubstation some more, I like the way it behaves, but my biggest nag is with the artifacts it creates- I like that it creates artifacts (part of the appeal), but they just don't sound organic enough for me (too digital and a bit cheap). Back to square one! :D

I ended up trying UberMod again, and while it's not really what I was looking for, the sound quality was high enough for me to justify the $50. Will supplement it perhaps with something like Timeless, Echoboy or Bloom (something else maybe) in the future.

KVRist
142 posts since 31 Oct, 2020

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:05 pm

Valhalla Delay, Colour Copy? Best analogue BBD emulations itb atm?

Return to “Effects”