The future of Geist 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vertibration wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:34 pm y'all know Angus Hewlett went to Image Line right? He is now their Chief Technology Officer.

Free updates for life, and Angus? Count me in
Wow. Didn't know that. When did that happen?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Earlier this year I think, check Angus Linkedin.

telecharge wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:54 am You probably know better than anyone else speculating here, but why wouldn't Geist2 be a good fit for inMusic's AIR Music Technology brand? Considering Drum Synth 500 and Transfuser 2, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch.
Geist is inspired by the Akai MPC. They already have their own MPC software.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Any experiences if and how well Geist2 is running on M1 systems?

(asking for a “friend“ who's thinking of jumping ship from Windows to the dark side ;) )
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:22 pm Any experiences if and how well Geist2 is running on M1 systems?

(asking for a “friend“ who's thinking of jumping ship from Windows to the dark side ;) )
fine on Rosetta, but the installers are very buggy. One day the installer may work, the next time it may give an error because it cant locate a specific location. Best to move on from Geist 2.

i would, but haven't found a good substitute that would come even close to it's greatness, except for maybe Maschine, but NI is super slow in regards to updates to new things and i honestly don't even want to learn a new complex drum machine, as Geist2 is almost perfect in most regards anyway
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

BenfordLaw wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:29 pm Dark grey text on dark grey buttons, I don't have a monochrome monitor.
Try some other themes in Tools > Preferences > UI Style. There's one that's modeled after Bitwig, another after Tremor, and more. If you really want your own color scheme, create your own. On Windows go to \Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\Geist2\Resources\Styles, copy one of the folders and rename it, and edit away. You can change colors, fonts, sizes, etc.. If there are solid colors they can be turned into gradients. It's totally vector-based so no skeuomorphic knobs or anything, but it's super-flexible.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:41 pm Spectrasonics Geist RMX 3!
🔥🔥🔥

colabean wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:24 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:41 pm Spectrasonics Geist RMX 3!
🔥🔥🔥
Obviously I was joking but it seems like it would be a great synergy. Folks have been waiting for a decade+ or something for an RMX update, which isn't what Spectrasonics is focusing on. If you could combine the RMX sounds, with something like Geist (which let's be honest, is probably for sale by whatever's left of Roli), it could be a good opportunity for Spectrasonics to get back into drums with a mature product.

Won't happen. But damn, would be nice if it did.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

it would be a pity if it dies along with Fxpansion.
It's gone, I figure it's been gone since they pulled it from sale from all the 3rd party vendors, which was about august when I noticed it dropped off PB, fxpansion still have a 'buy now' button, but checkout tells you that none of them are available anymore.

NikkiA wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:44 pm
it would be a pity if it dies along with Fxpansion.
It's gone, I figure it's been gone since they pulled it from sale from all the 3rd party vendors, which was about august when I noticed it dropped off PB, fxpansion still have a 'buy now' button, but checkout tells you that none of them are available anymore.
Such a bummer. Geist was a truly terrific product. If XLN Audio bought the remnants of it and combined Geist's Pattern/Sequencing/Mixing/FX features with XO's sample search features, they'd have a killer XO 2! Won't happen of course. But they could at least have the decency to steal the idea and do something similar on their own! :lol:

Just like my other bright of idea of Sepctrasonics taking it over for an RMX update. Won't happen, but damn, it's too good for it to just die.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

I found Geist very cumbersome to use, whereas XO and RMX are easy to use...not sure I would want that marriage, unless they were going to bring out an entirely new product.

rsp
sound sculptist

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Return to “Instruments”