Roland Cloud Authorization Error

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:50 pm The sign-in method now involves signing in through the Internet Browser (another stupid move from Roland). Maybe that's the missing detail
I don't think they'd do something like that willingly. A likely guess is it's something related to the framework they're using on Cloud Manager (to make cross platform easier) and that being tied into Chromium. If there's a security flaw identified, and they can't update things easily for some reason, then they'd be in a position where they either ignore it or pass the authentication stage off to the external browser (to remain secure) until they fix it.

Not saying that's the reason btw.. Just that it potentially "fits" with what we've seen. There might well be some alternative reasoning. But the jump out of the Manager program is a bit jarring, especially if you're not expecting it.

ozinga wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:19 pm This happens sometimes on my system.
It was supposed to be fixed but not. I can only solve it by restarting the computer. RCM needs a real developer. It is horrible.
I tried restarting my Mac. I launched Roland Cloud Manager, logged out, and then logged back in via my Chrome web browser. When I did I received a strange message stating that there was an error scanning the Roland Cloud Manager catalog. But then when i launched Cubase 11 Pro, I was able to run the Zeneology Pro plugin. Everything seems to be working okay now. Who knows what fixed it.

These shenanigans make me very leery of purchasing lifetime licenses to the Roland Cloud plugins. This whole checking in with the Roland Cloud as proof of ownership is total bullshit anyway. Lots of other companies have found less onerous means of validating plugins (even if that means elicenser or iLok).

I think I am going to pass on these Roland plugins. They are not worth the hassle.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

I had to end up refunding and uninstalling the TB-303 plugin I purchased a perpetual key for.

Running Mac Nuendo/Cubase and every other time I would try to launch an instance, it would crap out with the RCS connection problem, until I rebooted, and re-authorized the software, and even then, it would only work for one session of opening and closing the DAW, before it lost it's marbles, and I had to reboot and re-authorize again.

Something is horribly HORRIBLY broken with the Roland software suite copy protection.

Ended up buying a copy of ABL3 and have been having fun with it, but doesn't quite feel as good. A shame D16 hasn't updated Phoscyon to work on modern MacOS.

A crying shame the Roland copy protection is so absolutely fscked up.

Xian01 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:11 am I had to end up refunding and uninstalling the TB-303 plugin I purchased a perpetual key for.

Running Mac Nuendo/Cubase and every other time I would try to launch an instance, it would crap out with the RCS connection problem, until I rebooted, and re-authorized the software, and even then, it would only work for one session of opening and closing the DAW, before it lost it's marbles, and I had to reboot and re-authorize again.

Something is horribly HORRIBLY broken with the Roland software suite copy protection.

Ended up buying a copy of ABL3 and have been having fun with it, but doesn't quite feel as good. A shame D16 hasn't updated Phoscyon to work on modern MacOS.

A crying shame the Roland copy protection is so absolutely fscked up.
Yeah, I was just sort of in the mood for an 808 emulation but I find the D16 stuff to be just OK and the Roland software to be so much a PITA that I didn’t even bother installing my perpetual licenses on my new machine.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I haven't experienced the problems many of you have had, except at the very beginning. This is my first year I decided to subscribe in full and hope for a smooth run. I love the rich sounds of their synths but keep wondering if I should have just bought into Zenology as I use that more than their other products.

Return to “Instruments”