Drop me off, it's my time... (genre: indie pop) ... feedback welcome ...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Morgaxx wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:17 pm Nice track! I enjoyed the brass. As someone else said, you have filled the piece with feeling. Sounded fine technically, to me.
Thanks @Morgaxx for taking the time to listen and comment.
Much appreciated. The brass is Session Horns Pro with some saturation and layering etc.

experimental.crow wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:29 pm i must say , i'm sensing something about the reverb
that seems off to me ... a bit too much on certain elements ...
not seeing anyone else commenting on that ; i'll take another listen
a bit later , and see if i still feel the same ...
Thanks for listening and commenting @crow - did you hear something about the reverb later ?

Bansaw wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:00 pm
experimental.crow wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:29 pm i must say , i'm sensing something about the reverb
Thanks for listening and commenting @crow - did you hear something about the reverb later ?
glad you remindered me ...
going to dig out some cans as well and have a few listens ...

very nice song! enjoyed that

experimental.crow wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:06 pm
Bansaw wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:00 pm
glad you remindered me ...
going to dig out some cans as well and have a few listens ...
i had another listen through some cans , and the mix came off much better ...

you know the old saw ' it's not you , it's me ' ?..
well , it's not you ...
going to have to improve my room acoustics , i'm thinking ...

anyway , i enjoyed the track ...
it evoked a similar headspace i get when listening to
the dandy warhols track ' godless '...

guitarmiester wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:08 pm No need to downplay your vocals. They sound great plus your phrasing is on point. I also like the overall moody vibe of this song. Good stuff.
Thanks guitarmiester, much appreciated. I do need some more confidence in my vocals. If I layer them up and tune them a little, then they're Ok. It takes me a long time to come up with melody/lyrics/phrasing.
aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:27 am Curious what the female background vocals are; I might own the same software?
Hi Aaron, thanks for remembering you owed me feedback! The female vocal library is EastWest Hollywood backup singers. I use it all the time - its very good; there's enough variety in there to bring out something different every time.
CrystalWizard wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:24 am Wow, that's excellent.
Thanks CrystalWizard, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. Glad you liked it.
:tu:

bluedad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:43 pm very nice song! enjoyed that
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment bluedad. Glad you liked it. :phones:

Nice, I like it.
I would have liked more.
I think the BV are clashing the horns.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:11 am Nice, I like it.
I would have liked more.
I think the BV are clashing the horns.
Thanks Noodlist - appreciate the comment and feedback.
hmm.. I'll have a listen to the horns and background vocals for clashing.
I could have made it longer, just ran out of ideas, plus I've got this habit of getting bored with a song and wanting to move on after a while.

Bansaw wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:55 pm 'll have a listen to the horns and background vocals for clashing.
I just thought the horns were overpowering other elements in places, that was while listening on a DIY Mixcube summed to mono. A great tune nonetheless.

Just enjoyed another listen on headphones. :tu:
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Another good one. I like the E piano intro and the Brass, as always great vocals.

Wow - what a great emotional track! Chapeau Bansaw...

For what its worth the emotions reminded me on"Get Well Soon"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlWwAzy ... jo&index=3

I really love the spacious drums interplaying with spiky brass sounds! The grit of the drums comes out of the boundary of my speakers, very well done!

I think I hear an obvious room tone on your vocal, which doesn't really go with the epicness... Time to beef up the treatments? :p

Nice song!

MRT wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:57 am Another good one. I like the E piano intro and the Brass, as always great vocals.
Thanks MRT! Appreciate the listen and the feedback. Its always good to hear about the vocals, as I'm not so confident on that aspect.
kurt.zweil wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:05 pm Wow - what a great emotional track! Chapeau Bansaw...
For what its worth the emotions reminded me on"Get Well Soon"
Thanks for the comment and linking that video Kurt. Actually the voice reminded me of my own voice. Never heard of this band before, but enjoyed the track.

shawshawraw wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:56 am I really love the spacious drums interplaying with spiky brass sounds! The grit of the drums comes out of the boundary of my speakers, very well done!

I think I hear an obvious room tone on your vocal, which doesn't really go with the epicness... Time to beef up the treatments? :p

Nice song!
Thanks for the feedback shawshawraw. I checked out your Soundcloud; good vibe there. :tu:

Hi Bansaw,

Get Well Soon is a project from German artist Konstantin Gropper - he also did the music for the Netflix series "How to sell drugs online (fast)". If you like that style it's definitely worth checking out his other songs. Some great stuff to explore - although not necessarily my preferred genre.

Return to “Music Cafe”