Any modular glitchy-type multi-fx plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :tu:
psynical wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:21 pm why does no one ever mention which daw they're using when making one of these posts?
I really don't see how is this relevant here.
What difference does it make what DAW I'm using in this case? I'm looking for a specific kind of plugin, not for a workaround that could somehow accomplish a certain thing using the built-in tools of my DAW, so what DAW I'm using is completely irrelevant in this case.

morphex wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:29 pm Boom Library's EnRage is really sweet and modular. There's 50 different devices to choose from and you can create some very deep and complex effects chains.
Yes, Enrage is fantastic, mindblowingly powerful and with an awesome workflow, fast and intuitive, but unfortunately at $350 is wayyy over my budget. :scared:
zerocrossing wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:51 pm The ultimate is Melda’s MXXX. It’s pricey, but you can get MXXX Core, which uses all his free plugins, and then add the modules that you want as you like.
I have MXXX Core with the free plugins and a couple more and it is very potent indeed but I find its workflow so convoluted, cumbersome and unintuitive that I hardly ever use it.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:37 am Shaperbox
https://www.cableguys.com/shaperbox.html
Shaperbox is nice but it's not modular. It has a simple serial-type chain. You can change the order of the modules, but that's pretty much it.

Wait a few weeks and get VCV for DAWs.

A second vote for PSP N20 , sounds delicious , and can cross feedback anything to anything.
i really dig this one..

Devious machines Infiltrator. Love it.

Fullbucket Modulair.
brilliant.
free.
yes.
find free samples and presets at
:troll: https://fatpassfilter.com

YoddYarmonics wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:28 pm Fullbucket Modulair.
afaik that's an instrument and not an fx...

Page 5 of the manual states it can be used as an Effect in VST. Not sure about AU

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/dl/modu ... al_1_1.pdf

muki wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:50 am
YoddYarmonics wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:28 pm Fullbucket Modulair.
afaik that's an instrument and not an fx...
its both
find free samples and presets at
:troll: https://fatpassfilter.com

CinningBao wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:11 pm Page 5 of the manual states it can be used as an Effect in VST. Not sure about AU
i see
only vst as far as i can see via the "ModulAirFX.vst" wrapper
no such AU
can't get it to work as fx from within another wrapper like metaplugin or element...

Glitchmachines quadrant is a cool modular setup. It bums me out that it has so few inputs and outputs per module. Other than that it's crazy fun. Reaktor is also very nice for extremely bizarre glitchy stuff as is plogue bidule.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet but Multipass by kiloHearts is a serious modular powerhouse. It's one of the more customizable effects I have. I'm still fairly new to kiloHearts software and I found out really quickly that if you want to be able to do deep editing, you have to purchase their Snap Ins individually or in a Toolbox Bundle.

But once you have access to those building blocks, you can configure wild and creative effect chains suitable for music production or making sounds for the next blockbuster sci-fi movie. It can be expensive though, so they offer a subscription model if that works better for you. And whether one agrees or disagrees with subscriptions, I like it when companies give the consumer a choice.

*As a side note, kiloHearts is having a 50% off sale on individual Snap In effects right now.

I like Kilohearts snaps and Phase Plant is a powerhouse. However when I want a modular FX rig with a lot of modulation capability I reach for TRIAD, personally. It feels more like bolting whatever I'm using to make sound, to a sound design specialty. MultiPass for me is more like a good tool for doing precise mixing tasks with the bandsplit etc., I love some of their snap-ins for utility. Dynamics, for example, making a multi-band dynamics processor is really easy with Multi-Pass. But if I want weird granular pitch shifting and delay that is modulated to the tempo and has a cool spectral follower defining its envelope, and a resonator bank just on the midrange frequencies - that's gonna be TRIAD. And a lot more. It has powerful capabilities and I love their modulation system's ease of setting up complex interactions.

That said there are some kilohearts snaps I use as regular single plugins pretty often, their Trance Gate for example is so easy to use to do what you want it to do and I throw that one on singly often. Some others, too, it has a nice robust plugin ecosystem and all that I just tend to use TRIAD more in a sound design and MultiPass more in a mixing capacity personally.

morphex wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:03 pm I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet but Multipass by kiloHearts is a serious modular powerhouse.
Well, Multipass is a nice plugin indeed, but it probably hasn't been mentioned because it's not really a modular plugin. It's just a multi-band multi-fx plugin. It has different modules (the snap-ins) that can be re-arranged but that doesn't make it a "modular" plugin per se. For a plugin to be truly modular it must have a modular architecture (not a simple serial/parallel one) which lets the users connect the modules in whatever way they want in order to create very complex signal chains. Something like this:

melda.jpg

So, although plugins like Multipas/Snapheap, Infiltrator, Shaperbox, etc are great multi-fx plugins, they are not modular, and with this thread I was looking specifically for a modular plugin. Actually, I was looking specifically for a glitchy-type modular plugin, and some of the plugins mentioned in this thread so far, although modular or semi-modular, are not quite "glitchy-type" but rather general multi-fx plugins.

Anyway, thanks again for all the suggestions guys! :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Well then... ZEBRIFY
...deserves an honorable mention.

It's the FX version of U-HE Zebra, with up to 4 lanes of modular loveliness ❤️🎹🎧🎚

Return to “Effects”