The one plug-in I wish would be reborn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Although you can never be sure I'd say no. They might share a similar source of GUI elements, who knows... ?!

Linplug - Sophistry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Toontrack's Beatstation. It could play all the samples from any EZX or SDX you own, allowed you to use your own samples, had some rudimentary EZ Mix type functions, you could layer samples on the same pad with their own envelopes, it played midi files. Bass and lead synth sections, REX support.

Just a beast. Didn't fit the EZ mold and never got the Superior treatment it deserved. Looked dated even when it was new!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:36 pm Terratec Komplexer. One of the best sounding soft synths I ever used.

Well, still can use it in Reaper with bit bridge. :)
Didn’t it become Largo?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Not quite. Very similar architecture, but, they sound different. And, Largo has a lot more wavetables, of course.

Regardless of that, Largo is the alternative for me, of course, due to Komplexer being 32-bit, and obsolete for that reason for me.

CinningBao wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:18 am Devine Machine - Krishna: This was probably the most flexible PSOLA synth. Anyone know of a new one?

+1 SpectrumWorx: Sorely missed
I always wanted to buy a copy of the Krishna synth. Unfortunately it was discontinued long ago. :(

Something ending with …..3
:D
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:53 pm Not quite. Very similar architecture, but, they sound different. And, Largo has a lot more wavetables, of course.

Regardless of that, Largo is the alternative for me, of course, due to Komplexer being 32-bit, and obsolete for that reason for me.
Fun i did catch some mini hype about Komplexer recently too. (Though this is not only side opinions, mean i also liked his sound at the time). So i decided to check it again (don't ask how), and you know, miracle did not happens (unfortunately, or vice versa heh). It was a very mediocre experience. Although, its UI is beautiful even now as for me. But seems that the standards for interesting sound have evolved since that time.

I don't know, I always liked its vintage digital character. :) I have a big soft spot for that sound.

Early 2000s GUIs give me the shivers. PTSD probably from trying to use hacky DAW rigs. VIA chipsets, ACPI, etc

BetaBugs Crayon Filter

sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”