A gorgeous new granular delay by Audio Damage -

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:41 pm
hoxclab wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:26 pm Audio Damage products are the most unreliable. I love Quanta but after all the issues with it I chunked it up as money lost. I will never purchase any of their products again.
Because of one product being wonky? Maybe its something up with your system. For example, I can't run a specific Sonible product. They cant fix it. it appears to be an issue with my system. I even updated the OS and some hardware and it still won't run. I still buy Sonible products because it appears to my problem not theirs. As they say YMMV. At least if you carry through with your threat you'll save some money! :)
Maybe it’s not? Maybe I’ve tried it on my other systems? I’m not the only one with problems with their products look around.

hoxclab wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:41 pm
plexuss wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:41 pm
hoxclab wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:26 pm Audio Damage products are the most unreliable. I love Quanta but after all the issues with it I chunked it up as money lost. I will never purchase any of their products again.
Because of one product being wonky? Maybe its something up with your system. For example, I can't run a specific Sonible product. They cant fix it. it appears to be an issue with my system. I even updated the OS and some hardware and it still won't run. I still buy Sonible products because it appears to my problem not theirs. As they say YMMV. At least if you carry through with your threat you'll save some money! :)
Maybe it’s not? Maybe I’ve tried it on my other systems? I’m not the only one with problems with their products look around.
If the quality of your trouble-shooting matches the quality of your posting here at KVR, I'm guessing it's absolutely something to do with your system.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:13 pm Still trying demo, found some unstable behavior but unsure if it bug or by engine principle.

Example for reproduction - open presets browser\Designer\Time Rival\DrummurD preset.
And during processing try to switch to next preset "Embiggen". And then back to DrummurD.
About every switching you will be hear different texture at DrummurD, but not randomly different, rather two different instances of this effect (again, at the same preset). It looks like timbre With distortion, and Without. (And frankly that what more "prickly" i liked more, but nvm).

Then more difference - try to switch from DrummurD to Deadringer (two presets higher), and back. Difference will be completely like two different presets. That seems already not normal i think, in sense of keeping yourself ideas.

By other words - there is a certain dependence on how the preset will sound, depending on the loaded previous one. And difference can be very big.

On the other hand, I like this kind of randomness, but only if you understand what (how) it can be curbed.
In any case need to be sure that it's not a bug.

(Win10\VST2 here)
Did check latest demo version, this behavior still not solved, sad. (Though since then it was updated from 107 to 109).
Just had plan to grab (now 40% off)

I cant run desert cities on Linux its a crash festival.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Though could not resist to bought ODC too, despite specified problem (and had no any reply from support since) but...it seems to me (there is a belief) that this problem can at least be somehow controlled. If someone catches this nuance (relation principle, ie some certain module behavior after switching preset) faster, share it please, this will be useful to everyone i think.
(I'll try to figure it out too, but currently there is no time unfortunately).

Looks like a 1:1 port is out now on IOS for $6.99 so around $3 on sale, for that price its a no brainer and a really nice delay if you can put up the clumsy touch interface.

another bug? Seems that modulating the Time values doesn't sound as expected. If i modulate those with the internal LFO's, i get one result, but modulating with an Ableton LFO produces something that sounds more like what i would expect. Also, when modulating internally, the graphics don't change to reflect the values, but do change if modulating externally?

Omg, update available, did not check yet, but maybe was fixed that prob with the same presets difference
v1.0.10

Fixes:

> The Regen setting was not retained when switching between Mirage and other algorithms, or when changing the Heads setting of this algorithm.

also Clap support. new version not available through pluginboutique yet ( where i got mine)
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Quanta reliably crashes my Ipad mini5 when I try to import a sample. Even after the recent update and updating to latest ios. I figure it's something up with my unit.

Download SOphist wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:03 am new version not available through pluginboutique yet ( where i got mine)
That why i never buy AD in PB, even despite good discount (as well some other one-two vendors who not allow to add license in official acc).

Is there any change list somewhere? thnx

c_voltage wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:32 am That why i never buy AD in PB, even despite good discount (as well some other one-two vendors who not allow to add license in official acc).
AD always seemed a bit strange at PB, even down to them offering demos that appeared to be the full versions (I emailed both about it but no response at all...) Though I notice PB don't offer the demos anymore.

Hettoblaster wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:44 am Is there any change list somewhere? thnx
v1.0.10

Fixes: 

> The Regen setting was not retained when switching between Mirage and other algorithms, or when changing the Heads setting of this algorithm.

Changes:

> The plugin was ported to JUCE 7 and all the latest SDKs and APIs. This should solve a problem that some Linux users were experiencing with missing libraries, etc.

> CLAP format was added to the payload. This is experimental, and should not be used in a high-pressure production environment. The macOS installer installs CLAP; for Windows and Linux, you will need to place the CLAP plugin in a location of your choosing. Let us know if you run in to any weirdness using the CLAP version.

PLEASE NOTE!!!!

This will be the final version of Other Desert Cities to include VST2.4. This format will be removed in future updates. If you need to use the VST2.4 version for some reason, you should keep this installer archived.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

folks, please post here if it goes at any place on sale.
thanks

Return to “Effects”