VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Banned
393 posts since 13 Jul, 2021

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:41 am

plexuss wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:41 am
hoxclab wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:26 am
Audio Damage products are the most unreliable. I love Quanta but after all the issues with it I chunked it up as money lost. I will never purchase any of their products again.
Because of one product being wonky? Maybe its something up with your system. For example, I can't run a specific Sonible product. They cant fix it. it appears to be an issue with my system. I even updated the OS and some hardware and it still won't run. I still buy Sonible products because it appears to my problem not theirs. As they say YMMV. At least if you carry through with your threat you'll save some money! :)
Maybe it’s not? Maybe I’ve tried it on my other systems? I’m not the only one with problems with their products look around.

KVRAF
1838 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:59 pm

hoxclab wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:41 am
plexuss wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:41 am
hoxclab wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:26 am
Audio Damage products are the most unreliable. I love Quanta but after all the issues with it I chunked it up as money lost. I will never purchase any of their products again.
Because of one product being wonky? Maybe its something up with your system. For example, I can't run a specific Sonible product. They cant fix it. it appears to be an issue with my system. I even updated the OS and some hardware and it still won't run. I still buy Sonible products because it appears to my problem not theirs. As they say YMMV. At least if you carry through with your threat you'll save some money! :)
Maybe it’s not? Maybe I’ve tried it on my other systems? I’m not the only one with problems with their products look around.
If the quality of your trouble-shooting matches the quality of your posting here at KVR, I'm guessing it's absolutely something to do with your system.
https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp.com/ - Noir-themed Dark Jazz
https://tvhwy.bandcamp.com/releases - classic IDM by TV HWY
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

KVRAF
2037 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Post Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:56 am

c_voltage wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:13 pm
Still trying demo, found some unstable behavior but unsure if it bug or by engine principle.

Example for reproduction - open presets browser\Designer\Time Rival\DrummurD preset.
And during processing try to switch to next preset "Embiggen". And then back to DrummurD.
About every switching you will be hear different texture at DrummurD, but not randomly different, rather two different instances of this effect (again, at the same preset). It looks like timbre With distortion, and Without. (And frankly that what more "prickly" i liked more, but nvm).

Then more difference - try to switch from DrummurD to Deadringer (two presets higher), and back. Difference will be completely like two different presets. That seems already not normal i think, in sense of keeping yourself ideas.

By other words - there is a certain dependence on how the preset will sound, depending on the loaded previous one. And difference can be very big.

On the other hand, I like this kind of randomness, but only if you understand what (how) it can be curbed.
In any case need to be sure that it's not a bug.

(Win10\VST2 here)
Did check latest demo version, this behavior still not solved, sad. (Though since then it was updated from 107 to 109).
Just had plan to grab (now 40% off)

KVRian
884 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Post Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:26 am

I cant run desert cities on Linux its a crash festival.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

KVRAF
2037 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Post Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:42 pm

Though could not resist to bought ODC too, despite specified problem (and had no any reply from support since) but...it seems to me (there is a belief) that this problem can at least be somehow controlled. If someone catches this nuance (relation principle, ie some certain module behavior after switching preset) faster, share it please, this will be useful to everyone i think.
(I'll try to figure it out too, but currently there is no time unfortunately).

KVRist
71 posts since 14 Nov, 2020

Post Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:54 pm

Looks like a 1:1 port is out now on IOS for $6.99 so around $3 on sale, for that price its a no brainer and a really nice delay if you can put up the clumsy touch interface.

Return to “Effects”