Silent PC Build - Suggestions Please!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

william lawes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:27 am Narrowed it down, are there benchmark tests for these two boards, they both sound good...

MOBO

ASUS Prime Z590-A LGA 1200 (Intel®11th/10th Gen) ATX Motherboard (14+2 DrMOS Power Stages,3X M.2, Intel® 2.5 Gb LAN, USB 3.2 Front Panel Type-C, Thunderbolt™ 4, Aura Sync RGB Lighting)
$338.98

GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS PRO AX (LGA 1200/Intel Z590/ATX/3x M.2/PCIe 4.0/USB 3.2 Gen2X2 Type-C/Intel WiFi 6/2.5GbE LAN/Gaming Motherboard)
$309.28
Both good, the BIOS in the Asus probably is more friendly.
Passive GPU

ZOTAC GeForce GT 730 Zone Edition 2GB DDR3 PCI HDMI DVI Graphics Card ZT-71113-20L
$215.42
Older and more expensive, I prefer the MSI GT 1030 2GH LP OC Graphic Cards
because I like to use DisplayPort.

Thanks again, I was leaning towards the Asus...for the graphics card I use a VGA connection, my computer is in the next room, I have a long cable and was previously using HDMI which kept pulling out when I moved the monitor around...

The Intel UHD 700 graphics card looks better, but cannot see anywhere in Canada that sells them.

william lawes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:16 pm The Intel UHD 700 graphics card looks better, but cannot see anywhere in Canada that sells them.
It's not a card, it's the integrated graphics chip in the 11700/11900 cpu. :wink:

william lawes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:16 pm Thanks again, I was leaning towards the Asus...for the graphics card I use a VGA connection, my computer is in the next room, I have a long cable and was previously using HDMI which kept pulling out when I moved the monitor around...

The Intel UHD 700 graphics card looks better, but cannot see anywhere in Canada that sells them.
You are welcome.
All my VGA monitors are already dead, yours will not last forever...
The next one will be HDMI/DisplayPort.
Buy an old Nvidia 730 is a bad idea, better simple use the onboard Intel UHD 750.
The Intel UHD 750 is faster and better!
It is already inside the CPU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Lake

Pictus wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 pm All my VGA monitors are already dead, yours will not last forever...
If he's still happy with his VGA monitor (a TFT with only DSUB input, I assume), then why waste it? Just get an HDMI-VGA or DP-VGA adapter.

It must've been a cheap one; I've never had one with only DSUB on.

T-CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:02 pm If he's still happy with his VGA monitor (a TFT with only DSUB input, I assume), then why waste it? Just get an HDMI-VGA or DP-VGA adapter.
He mention the reason...
"HDMI which kept pulling out when I moved the monitor around..."
There must be a way to remedy, silver tape may minimize the situation...

Pictus wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:11 pm He mention the reason...
"HDMI which kept pulling out when I moved the monitor around..."
There must be a way to remedy, silver tape may minimize the situation...
I missed that. I'm curious why the monitor needs moving around (while connected).

An adapter, of course, so for now a DP to VGA adapter should work, my current monitor does not have a DP. My next step will be to upgrade the graphics card if needed for video editing, and buy a new monitor. Do you mean using the GPU on the asus will be enough, and the MSI GT 1030 2GH LP OC is not needed?

I have adobe premiere elements, I don't know at this point what may be required for video editing, I want to try my hand at creating a 'relaxing music' youtube channel, these can involve animated images, drone footage, and so forth, with music.

william lawes wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:07 am Do you mean using the GPU on the asus will be enough, and the MSI GT 1030 2GH LP OC is not needed?
Integrated GPUs aren't on the motherboard (anymore, haven't been for many years now). They on/in the CPU. :wink:

The 1030 is faster (I think) than the Intel 750, but maybe not that much faster, and maybe not worth the extra cost. I don't know enough about video editing (and for your use case specific) to know how much the GPU is needed or helps.
Edit: I just read around a bit - it seems that the 1030 has no hardware encoding. You'll need something more expensive. :? Your CPU alone will surely be more than enough for the task... but don't quote me on that. :oops:

My mistake, my LG 32inch monitor does have a DP, I was thinking about my previous monitor for some reason. So I will just get a new 8k cable.

T-CM11 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:17 am Integrated GPUs aren't on the motherboard (anymore, haven't been for many years now). They on/in the CPU. :wink:

The 1030 is faster (I think) than the Intel 750, but maybe not that much faster, and maybe not worth the extra cost. I don't know enough about video editing (and for your use case specific) to know how much the GPU is needed or helps.
Edit: I just read around a bit - it seems that the 1030 has no hardware encoding. You'll need something more expensive. :? Your CPU alone will surely be more than enough for the task... but don't quote me on that. :oops:
+1
:tu:

Thank you Pictus and T-CM11 for all of your help, greatly appreciated, I have learned a lot and enjoyed chatting! Here is the breakdown of everything we discussed over the last week, many thanks!

Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

StarTech.com 2 Port PCI Express FireWire Card - 1394a Firewire - TI TSB82AA2 Chipset - Windows & Mac Compatible (PEX1394A2V2)

Noctua NH-D15 chromax.Black, Dual-Tower CPU Cooler (140mm, Black)

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 1.35V Desktop Memory - Black
Intel Core i7-11700K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Unlocked LGA1200 (Intel 500 Series & Select 400 Series Chipset) 125W

Phanteks Eclipse P600S Hybrid Silent and Performance ATX Chassis - Fabric Filter, Dual System Support, PWM hub, Sound dampening Panels Closed Panels, Black

ASUS Prime Z590-A LGA 1200 (Intel®11th/10th Gen) ATX Motherboard (14+2 DrMOS Power Stages,3X M.2, Intel® 2.5 Gb LAN, USB 3.2 Front Panel Type-C, Thunderbolt™ 4, Aura Sync RGB Lighting)

Samsung 980 PRO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ-V8P500B/AM)

(x2) Mushkin Pilot-E – 2TB PCIe NVMe – Opal Data Encryption – M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) – Gen3 x4 – 3D TLC - (MKNSSDPE2TB-D8)

DisplayPort Cable 1.4, iVANKY 8K DP Cable 15ft [8K@60Hz, 4K@144Hz, 1080P@240Hz], Support HBR3, 32.4Gbps, HDCP 2.2, HDR, Compatible for Gaming Monitor, TV, PC, Laptop and More

william lawes wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:54 am Thank you Pictus and T-CM11 for all of your help, greatly appreciated, I have learned a lot and enjoyed chatting! Here is the breakdown of everything we discussed over the last week, many thanks!
You are welcome, when buying the 980 Pro, buy the one with the heatsink.
https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-500GB-In ... B08GL575DB

Oh Thanks! I was going to ask about that, I don't see one available in Canada though, or on amazon.ca, but the Sabrent is, would that work?:

Sabrent 500GB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD Maximum Performance Solid State Drive With Heatsink (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-HTSK-500)

Yes, it will work.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”