Airwindows YHighpass: Mac/Windows/Linux AU/VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZL1LhtiLfM

TL;DW: YHighpass is soft and smooth to nasty, edgy texture-varying filtering.

YHighpass.zip(612k)

See YLowpass, except it's a highpass :) but there are several 'one more things', most notably an upgrade to what I've been using for denormalization. I ran into issues with YLowpass munching too much CPU. The fixes I came up with, worked so well, that I've applied them to Console7, Console7Cascade, Chamber, Galactic, and several plugins that haven't come out yet :) As a result, my previous video using YLowpass crept up to 70% CPU at times, and this video using the exact same setup and plugins idles around 35%. I call that a good day (OK, week) of work.

I'm also showing off (in the video) the Beyer mic I got: not because I'll be switching to that for plugin videos, but because I'm showing you how to record two mics in stereo (one of them a very clean and accurate lavalier mic) and then develop plugins to make the cleaner, more accurate mic act more like the far more expensive and flattering mic. It's not unlike making Mackity, or something. I'll be doing this on a Monday livestream once I make the reference files: this is how you'd make those, and where you'd put the mics.

Hope you like YHighpass: once I'm finished with these, I revisit the Z plugins (meant to sound like Emu Z-plane filters from a hardware sampler) bringing these refinements to 'em. Also spotted in the 'coming soon' category, Pressure5 and Monitoring2 (with Dark as the base wordlength reducer), and a whole bunch of drum samples I've reconfigured for use in Bespoke.

To get the new versions of Console7Channel, Console7Buss, Console7Cascade, Chamber, Galactic, and YLowpass that have the denormalization upgrade, re-install them from the download links below. If for some reason you need to put back the original ones, they can be downloaded from the plugins' individual webpages: there's a link for each at the bottom of the post, saying 'download the original version before the fix here: pluginFirst.zip'. You shouldn't need to do that but just in case I like to leave the exact original files still there to be downloaded, in case anyone actually needed to :D

download 64 Bit Windows VSTs.zip
download Signed M1/Intel Mac AUs.dmg
download Signed M1/Intel Mac VSTs.dmg
download LinuxVSTs.zip
download Retro 32 Bit Windows VSTs.zip
download Retro PPC/32/64 Mac AUs.zip
download Retro PPC/32/64 Mac VSTs.zip
Mediafire Backup of all downloads
All this is free and open source under the MIT license, brought to you by my Patreon.

Any ETA of Bespoke? Looking forward to checking it out. :)

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:00 am you mean this or?
https://www.bespokesynth.com/
not by airwindows though
No, Chris is apprently developing an open-source DAW of sorts, you can see him use it in his newer videos. Looks cool, would love to check it out, it's apparently not too far from its release date, Surge Synth Team are helping Chris test it too.

Edit: Actually it's the thing you've linked, but I believe that Chris is responsible for creating it, at least in part.

crickey13 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:23 am
Autobot wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:00 am you mean this or?
https://www.bespokesynth.com/
not by airwindows though
No, Chris is apprently developing an open-source DAW of sorts, you can see him use it in his newer videos. Looks cool, would love to check it out, it's apparently not too far from its release date, Surge Synth Team are helping Chris test it too.

Edit: Actually it's the thing you've linked, but I believe that Chris is responsible for creating it, at least in part.
Chris has nothing to do with the development of Bespoke. He just uses it because it's cool.

teilo wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:16 pm Chris has nothing to do with the development of Bespoke. He just uses it because it's cool.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up, my mistake.

Thanks for the updates :)

teilo wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:16 pm Chris has nothing to do with the development of Bespoke. He just uses it because it's cool.
That's right… and I'm more or less endorsing it because it's cool, and has the backing of me and Paul from the Surge Synth team and a whole bunch of helpful people. :D I have nothing to do with the development of Bespoke other than, I'm there to help 'em add anything of mine they like. It might help with the VST2 issue: stock Bespoke doesn't support VST2s, and I don't make VST3s, so it can be a bit awkward and definitely one reason to bring in some of my stuff as built-in. Or to support AUs and what have you :)

I'm getting some flak from people who want to look at the (still generic) plugins as they appear in Logic etc. But in Logic I can't click on any parameter and put a LFO :)

I'll see how all this shakes out. I do still own Logic :)

I'm checking out Bespoke now on the basis of your interest in it, Chris :)

I would love to see a plugin which integrates the work you've been doing on the highpass and lowpass plugins and all that, like a console that can do more console type stuff than just the "character" of the sound, actually get some EQ going in the style of that console too. I don't know if that's your intention though. Thank you for your continued work & updating other plugins with improvements also.

Return to “Effects”