New Hybrid Synth/Sampler/ROMpler from TheSynthFactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a few more hours before release and we'll have something to talk about. Now we're just making idle chat in the waiting room.

If the demo is going to be 6.8 gigs in size I hope their servers are ready..... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This has just dropped - @ 230 GBP :o :o :o Seems overpriced !!!!!!!

quite high price :help:
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

and again congrats for bullshit marketing

EDIT: Since posting this, it looks like the price has been lowered pretty substantially. This product becomes more interesting at this pricepoint IMO

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded the demo. Sadly I can't say I'm impressed at all. I would sooner work in Vital, and that synth is free.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but the fact you guys are asking over $300 USD for this is absolute insanity. You have to understand what you're up against at that pricepoint. Very, very, very well established workstation synths with years of support and development, that can do everything this synth can and more. Falcon, Rapid, Phaseplant, Omnisphere, Avenger...all of these have absolutely immense capabilities and support. The only two that tip the scale past the $300 mark are Omnisphere and Falcon.

Omnisphere is absolutely a household name, anybody that produces music will be familiar with what it is. Falcon possesses far more capability than this synth.

I dunno, maybe I am just missing something big, and I am completely ready to be proven wrong. But as it stands, I just don't think this synth will sell well at the asking price. Perhaps the price is justified by the sheer amount of samples included, but flicking through the presets, none of the patches seemed too "stand out" to my ears.

Its not a bad synth. Once again, you're simply putting it in the ring with the elite top dogs, and I think its a little out of it's weight class.
Last edited by Jkist on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D.K Envelope wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:50 am and again congrats for bullshit marketing
Hi, Thanks for the feedback. So we are a young company and we don't have much experience at this marketing game, but we certainly wouldn't want to come off like we are not being truthful and open, so if you can help us out we'd be grateful. Where did we say something you now think isn't correct? Did we infer or promise something that's not true? Genuinely, please point us at it so we can learn not to do it again.
VST/AU Developer for Hire

Jkist wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:01 am Falcon, Rapid, Phaseplant, Omnisphere, Avenger...all of these have absolutely immense capabilities and support. The only two that tip the scale past the $300 mark are Omnisphere and Falcon.
A couple of others to consider:
Equator 2 $249
Biotek 2 $199
Synthmaster 2.9 $99 and version 3 hopefully by next year.

Lind0n wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:07 am Hi, Thanks for the feedback. So we are a young company and we don't have much experience at this marketing game, but we certainly wouldn't want to come off like we are not being truthful and open, so if you can help us out we'd be grateful. Where did we say something you now think isn't correct? Did we infer or promise something that's not true? Genuinely, please point us at it so we can learn not to do it again.
I don't buy this for a second. You've been with Channel Robot for long enough to know how things work. This smells like a marketing ploy: price it ridiculously high, get people talking about it, drop the price to something more reasonable once everyone knows what it is to have more success with sales. Surely you guys are smart enough to know, especially as a new company, that pricing a product to compete against well known, top shelf products is not going to work.

I woke up early this morning so excited to give this synth a go. The architecture is right up my alley. The ability to layer samples, add VA, the Arp/Chord section looks like a lot of fun etc so I'm really saddened by what I have to write next....

I am disappointed by the quality and scope of the samples. Take the vocal samples for example. Unless something went wrong with my installation (but the .ch1 files do add up to 6 gigs) there is only one voice type. I was expecting female and male ooohs and ahhhs, mixed choirs etc but there seems to be only one male voice with different inflections.

The Pads and Atmospheres are ok but nothing that really stands out.

Also I notice a subtle white noise as the samples stop playing but this is my test system with onboard sound so I'll wait to see if anyone else downloads the demo and can confirm.

I'm going to give HoriZEN another good trial when I get home this afternoon and if my opinions change I'll retract the previous statements.

The price with the 30% coupon is something I could justify if the synth were to absolutely blow me away but so far on first trial it has left me sadly unimpressed. :(

I know you guys worked on this project for a long time and put your hearts and souls into it so I wish I could leave a more positive review but at this point I simply can not. Perhaps after a second chance that will change. I'll be back to report later today.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mystic wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:27 pm
Lind0n wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:07 am Hi, Thanks for the feedback. So we are a young company and we don't have much experience at this marketing game, but we certainly wouldn't want to come off like we are not being truthful and open, so if you can help us out we'd be grateful. Where did we say something you now think isn't correct? Did we infer or promise something that's not true? Genuinely, please point us at it so we can learn not to do it again.
I don't buy this for a second. You've been with Channel Robot for long enough to know how things work. This smells like a marketing ploy: price it ridiculously high, get people talking about it, drop the price to something more reasonable once everyone knows what it is to have more success with sales. Surely you guys are smart enough to know, especially as a new company, that pricing a product to compete against well known, top shelf products is not going to work.
Err... I'm sorry I dont understand what the feedback I'm referring to has to do with a pricing strategy? We didnt name a price at any point in our marketing, I did say in one forum(could have been this one): "its wont be an impulse buy but it wont be a save-up-for-ever either". So this comment/discussion about our marketing approach seems (to me at least) not to have a lot to do with the pricing, rather this person was complaining that we said something untrue, or misleading...sure if we'd said "Dirt cheap on day 1!" , and then gone back on our word I'd understand, but we are a bit mystified here how our marketing strategy could be construed as "bull shit".

Well we were until a kind soul here pointed out this person may be a bit of a troll at this sort of thing: viewtopic.php?p=8245222#p8245222

But we were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what exactly it was we'd said that we went back on.

And sure I've been with Channel Robot for a long time, but I'm just one (small) part of the team at The Synth Factory, its a much bigger enterprise than CR, with a lot more resources and frankly a lot more talent than I alone can bring to the table. And honestly in the 15 years I've been building plugins I guarantee one thing I have no idea about its pricing.

Lind0n wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:45 pm
Err... I'm sorry I dont understand what the feedback I'm referring to has to do with a pricing strategy? We didnt name a price at any point in our marketing, I did say in one forum(could have been this one): "its wont be an impulse buy but it wont be a save-up-for-ever either". So this comment/discussion about our marketing approach seems (to me at least) not to have a lot to do with the pricing, rather this person was complaining that we said something untrue, or misleading...sure if we'd said "Dirt cheap on day 1!" , and then gone back on our word I'd understand, but we are a bit mystified here how our marketing strategy could be construed as "bull shit".

Well we were until a kind soul here pointed out this person may be a bit of a troll at this sort of thing: viewtopic.php?p=8245222#p8245222

But we were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what exactly it was we'd said that we went back on.

And sure I've been with Channel Robot for a long time, but I'm just one (small) part of the team at The Synth Factory, its a much bigger enterprise than CR, with a lot more resources and frankly a lot more talent than I alone can bring to the table. And honestly in the 15 years I've been building plugins I guarantee one thing I have no idea about its pricing.
You're telling me not a single person on your team, regardless of how small or inexperienced in marketing it might be, never thought, "Hey, pricing our product at the same level as top end products might not be such a good idea"? I mean, this thing is priced higher than even some of those top end synths.

Mystic wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:09 pm
Lind0n wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:45 pm

You're telling me not a single person on your team, regardless of how small or inexperienced in marketing it might be, never thought, "Hey, pricing our product at the same level as top end products might not be such a good idea"? I mean, this thing is priced higher than even some of those top end synths.
I agree with this totally. :( :( :(

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. So we are a young company and we don't have much experience at this marketing game
Sorry Lindon but this is the biggest bs I have read over a loooong time.

Your high-praised (like the new synth now) kontakt instruments and the follow up vst, all around 50 to 100 bucks, are now for a few bucks (around 5, 10 % of the original price) at loot audio so dont tell me you are new in this game. I respect you very much as a develloper but please stop this bs.

Disappointed and disgusted of marketing and way way way overpriced. I am not even going to bother with demo.

Hopefully lack of sales will be an education for the company.

OK, so first thanks everyone for your honest and open feedback, most of it about pricing. Today has been a very sobering experience, and we've spent most of the day reading your comments and talking (via Skype) about our model. One of the things we said we would ALWAYS do is listen and try to respond to our user base, and its clear no one likes our current price point. So we have decided to drop the price (forever) to £129.99. Those of you with 30% launch day certificates can still get 30% off.

Return to “Instruments”