PG-8X (2.0) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Hello, all! Can somebody please re-upload PG-8X 1.02a win64? Thanks in advance!!
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

retroactivecont wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:37 am Hello, all! Can somebody please re-upload PG-8X 1.02a win64? Thanks in advance!!
pg-8x 1.02 was done with SynthEdit, which at this time only supported 32 bit. As I switched to iplug for version 2, I never updated my SynthEdit license, and don't even have it on my current computer anymore. So, if you need 64bit, please use version 2. With some hosts, you also should be able to run the 32 bit plugins with a bridge. Then the 32bit 1,02 should run just fine.

martin_l wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:32 am pg-8x 1.02 was done with SynthEdit, which at this time only supported 32 bit. As I switched to iplug for version 2, I never updated my SynthEdit license, and don't even have it on my current computer anymore. So, if you need 64bit, please use version 2. With some hosts, you also should be able to run the 32 bit plugins with a bridge. Then the 32bit 1,02 should run just fine.
Sorry! I meant 32 bit. Which one of these is 1.02a? I have an old Ableton project that specifically requires 1.02a. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... tracking=1
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

retroactivecont wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:56 pm
martin_l wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:32 am pg-8x 1.02 was done with SynthEdit, which at this time only supported 32 bit. As I switched to iplug for version 2, I never updated my SynthEdit license, and don't even have it on my current computer anymore. So, if you need 64bit, please use version 2. With some hosts, you also should be able to run the 32 bit plugins with a bridge. Then the 32bit 1,02 should run just fine.
Sorry! I meant 32 bit. Which one of these is 1.02a? I have an old Ableton project that specifically requires 1.02a. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oop1vf8vpl ... tracking=1
I believe I have the 1.02a version (though I can't imagine why I still have it). If you can't determine which of the files in that Dropbox link is the one you need, just let me know and I'll send it to you if I still have it.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

@retroactivecont:
Check your PM (KVR private messages).

retroactivecont wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:56 pm
Actually, they should still be accessible on my web page:
https://sites.google.com/site/mlvst0/
You just need to scroll down a bit further in the file list at the bottom.

Cheers,
Martin

This comparison has probably been done to death already, but I had to see for myself:

https://youtu.be/47ogaJl0TOQ

its wild because this thing is FREE. Martin did such a good job coding it; i sold my JX10/PG800 and use this all the time.

dvnation wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:24 am This comparison has probably been done to death already, but I had to see for myself:

https://youtu.be/47ogaJl0TOQ
Hey, thanks for this !!
We're very close from 1:1 ! It's absolutely amazing for a freeware !!
The most noticeable difference is on the basses of the lo strings, but nothing you can't approach with an EQ. Won't talk about the soundtrack patch, it's been programmed differently.
I've always loved this VST but never realized how close it is from the real synth.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

AU validation failed once I updated to Mac OS Monterey. How do i fix this and get around it?

1 Channel Test:
Render Test at 512 frames
ERROR: -66745 IN CALL AudioUnitRender

* * FAIL
--------------------------------------------------
AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.
--------------------------------------------------

validation result: failed validation

Probably by not using Monterey for the time being ^_^;

heh, it totally is my fault for jumping on it so early. i knew better but my lizard brain took over.

Hello. Can someone please explain the purpose of LFO TRIGGER section? I know what FREE setting does, but can't figure out the difference between SOFT and HARD. Are they dedicated only for the situation, when LFO SYNC is switched ON?

michal.ochedowski wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:23 pm Hello. Can someone please explain the purpose of LFO TRIGGER section? I know what FREE setting does, but can't figure out the difference between SOFT and HARD. Are they dedicated only for the situation, when LFO SYNC is switched ON?
i can't hear a difference between FREE and SOFT
both sound to me free running (regardless keytrigger)
whereas HARD always (seems to) start on the highest value dependent with each keytrigger
i.e.: retriggers

can't hear a relation in re LFO-SYNC status
which as far as i can hear only relates to LFO speed

the LFO seems to be monophonic (paraphonic) ?
ENV is polyphonic - each voice has its own triggerpath, its own envelope
but with LFO all voices as a whole seem to go through only one dedicated LFO
(and not LFO per voice which would be "real" polyphonic)

have to switch on the real beast if it's the same in 3D ;-)

muki wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:29 am
i can't hear a difference between FREE and SOFT
both sound to me free running (regardless keytrigger)
whereas HARD always (seems to) start on the highest value dependent with each keytrigger
i.e.: retriggers

can't hear a relation in re LFO-SYNC status
which as far as i can hear only relates to LFO speed

the LFO seems to be monophonic (paraphonic) ?
ENV is polyphonic - each voice has its own triggerpath, its own envelope
but with LFO all voices as a whole seem to go through only one dedicated LFO
(and not LFO per voice which would be "real" polyphonic)

have to switch on the real beast if it's the same in 3D ;-)
Thanks for that info.
Actually I should've been more precise with my previous post. It's clear what HARD setting is doing, but just like you I couldn't notice the difference between SOFT and FREE. They do sound the same.
As to LFO being monophonic, that's a very good point. I really liked the way it was grabbing all notes played in a chord and modulating them at the same time. Until now I had no idea what to call this behaviour.

Return to “Instruments”