What Delays are you using?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:01 pm
psynical wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:02 am Have any delays not been mentioned yet? Should we start a new list thread for delays not mentioned in this one?
airport delays haven't been mentioned.
exactly
train delays also not...
and don't get me started about local commute...
:D

My current delay is my M1 Pro i ordered yesterday
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Arcdev ET-100/300, Baby Audio BabyComeback/Keylay, VoS NastyDLA mkII
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

foosnark wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:52 pm I freaking love delays.
11 months later, software:
Stardust 201 is the new hotness, but Valhalla Delay is still my #1.
Echo Cat, Ratshack Reverb, Permut8 more rarely.

Eurorack:
Mimeophon still king.
Beads still an excellent delay when I'm not using it for granular.
Melotus Versio for extra doom.
Befaco Crush Delay for dirty fizzles.
Sold the FX Aid and E520.

fabfilter timeless 3
Zen

Echoboy a lot, but lately I've been using the original Ohmboyz again.

Echoes by Nomad Factory is for sale at the moment. I quite like the EHX-DM and OILCAN modes with Vintage switched on. EHX-DM is a smooth BBD delay. OILCAN isn't a convincing oil can delay emulation to me, but it's a nice lofi delay nonetheless. And Stereo allows you to use it as adjustable ping pong delay. At this price definitely worth checking out.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:37 am OILCAN isn't a convincing oil can delay emulation to me, but it's a nice lofi delay nonetheless.
What is a good oil can emulation?
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:05 pm What is a good oil can emulation?
I haven't found one yet. Nomad Factory also has the TLE2S, but I don't like it that much.

I've used a lot of Valhalla delay and some supermassive in the past year. Really good when you want the delay to have a slightly degraded sound. The tape noise that the delay gets too on a high feedback could be a bit more organic though.

Sonically I still think the various UAD delays are the best, though sometimes the individual delays lack some flexibility.

I have to say the Softube Tape Echoes was a really fantastic delay. So real and organic sounding. Really excellent.

Sometimes a.very basic DAW or Reaktor delay is just perfect though.

FapFilter wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:03 pm My current delay is my M1 Pro i ordered yesterday
Haha, same here!

Almost exclusively Replica XT

Thinking about trying Valhalla Delay and/or Colour Copy but I'm not sure any of these would give me something not acheivable by Replica
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I use Waves Super Tap Delay quite a lot.

I like the delay from audiothing Wires for lo-fi delay fx. Kind of like tape delay but even dirtier.

I use mainly freqecho, h-delay, or sandman pro. I have lots of others for special occasions, but those ones cover most standard uses.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”