Roland Cloud - Multiple issues - Appears to be Ableton Live related.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings.

Using Ableton Live 10 Suite, Windows 10

I've installed several plugins from Roland cloud, first issue is Juno 60 doesn't show in Live (VST2 or VST3) despite everything else (so far) working just fine. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and alt/re-scanned.

A more annoying issue is that ALL drop down menus in ALL plugins are either bugged or not working. In VST2 versions the visible cursor doesn't show where the actual cursor in on the UI, making selections difficult. More annoyingly still, drop down menus don't work at all in VST3 versions, meaning that I can click on a drop down menu and SEE the options, but I cannot select or click on anything. For example, in Zenology Pro I can't select from the list of oscillator types meaning the only option is to use the arrows to search through them one by one....which ain't gonna happen.... :hihi:

Before I commit to the Roland 'support', has anybody else had/solved similar issues?

*EDIT - Appears to be related to Live, everything works fine in Cubase.
Last edited by tehlord on Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

I use the VST3 versions in Cakewalk by Bandlab and I just checked the menus etc., and they work Ok here. I don't have the Juno 60 but tested D-50, XV-5080 and Zenology Pro.

Maybe it's something to do with Live?

Examigan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:34 am I use the VST3 versions in Cakewalk by Bandlab and I just checked the menus etc., and they work Ok here. I don't have the Juno 60 but tested D-50, XV-5080 and Zenology Pro.

Maybe it's something to do with Live?
Good call, not sure why I didn't check that first.

Opened up in Cubase and all is fine. Will edit OP.

Thanks.

I'm using the mentioned units in Ableton Live 10 Suite and 11 on Windows 10 Pro (latest) without any issues.

kinkajou wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:55 pm I'm using the mentioned units in Ableton Live 10 Suite and 11 on Windows 10 Pro (latest) without any issues.
Very odd.

Can't think what might be causing such a specific issue.

Since opening Juno 60 in Cubase the VST3 now shows up in Live, still no VST2 though.

Everything works fine here in Ableton Live 11.0.11, but I'm on a Mac.

I had an issue recently where a particular (non-Roland) plugin wasn't showing up in Live, and was able to track down the reason by looking at the "Log.txt" and "PluginScanner.txt" files (in my case the plugin in question failed a code signing check and had to be completely removed and reinstalled). If this info is still accurate, you should be able to find those under:

Documents and Settings\(your name)\Application Data\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences

You might need to turn on a setting to be able to see hidden files/folders.
Stormchild

Works fine here in Ableton 9, 10 and 11 (yes I have multiple versions installed) on Windows 10 machine.

I also have latest Cubase and no problem there either.

I think it's not related to Live but to your computer setup. I mean by now it would be a known thing if Roland Cloud was not working in Ableton Live properly since it's pretty popular DAW.

Tip: try to ask on Ableton forum perhaps someone there already have better advice.

Just registered when I read this as I have been encountering the same issue. I've just got a new PC & my old one was running Ableton Live 10 on Win7, this one is now running Ableton Live 11 on Win10.

Had no issues before, logically it would assume it's something to do with either Win10 or Live 11 or both - but then you're on Live 10 so..............

I've only discovered the issue this morning so early days for me and not had chance to look into it yet but I'll watch here if anything develops in the meantime.

Right, just fired up Reason Studios 12 and opened a Roland Cloud VST ( SH 101 in this case ) and one of the places where I am having a problem in Live is in regard to 'Option'. If I want to rescale the plugin, I just can't. Nothing happens on screen & it cannot be moved or accessed. Well in Reason 12 it's all fine and works as it should so I guess there must be some sort of GUI issue in Live although it can't be exclusive to 11 as the OP is on 10 and clearly not everyone is experiencing it.

That's as much as I know so far

Back again and I have since figured out the issue although I have not found a workaround, only a compromise.

For some bizarre reason, the Roland Cloud VSTi's GUI's do not like it when Ableton Live has HiDPI enabled. If you go to preferences and under 'look & feel' you can disable it. Then you'll have to restart Live. It's less crisp on my screen and I don't like it but if I plan on using Roland Cloud plugins, it's the only setting where I can access anything from the GUI menu.

I don't know where the problem lies tbh but that's a solution to it until it's professionally resolved

Bleephead wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:39 pm For some bizarre reason, the Roland Cloud VSTi's GUI's do not like it when Ableton Live has HiDPI enabled. If you go to preferences and under 'look & feel' you can disable it. Then you'll have to restart Live. It's less crisp on my screen and I don't like it but if I plan on using Roland Cloud plugins, it's the only setting where I can access anything from the GUI menu.

I don't know where the problem lies tbh but that's a solution to it until it's professionally resolved
Really strange, i'm on "HiDPI" all the time and no problems ever!

Maybe it's the graphics card?
Nvidia RTX 2060 here (not "SUPER") with latest drivers installed.

kinkajou wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:51 pm
Bleephead wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:39 pm For some bizarre reason, the Roland Cloud VSTi's GUI's do not like it when Ableton Live has HiDPI enabled. If you go to preferences and under 'look & feel' you can disable it. Then you'll have to restart Live. It's less crisp on my screen and I don't like it but if I plan on using Roland Cloud plugins, it's the only setting where I can access anything from the GUI menu.

Really strange, i'm on "HiDPI" all the time and no problems ever!

Maybe it's the graphics card?
Nvidia RTX 2060 here (not "SUPER") with latest drivers installed.
Ah ok, that's interesting. I have no clue then other than this workaround has solved it for me. Like I say, I don't like it though and shall look for a more permanent solution.

I didn't think it was anything hardware based because the Roland plugins functioned fine inside of Reason ( which I also happen to use ) I would have tried a demo of another DAW had I not had anything but because they worked as expected in there, I ruled that out.

We've had 2 versions of Live with the issue and both systems are on Win10. I'm on the latest version of Live 11 and the OP said he / she was on 10 but that things were fine in Cubase.

In terms of graphics cards though, I think I mentioned I'm on a new machine and currently it's using the built in graphics which is: Radeon Vega Graphics 3.70 GHz

I can't say I have any idea whether that has anything to do with it or not though. Maybe someone else who knows more about that than myself can chime in there.

In case anyone else like me has this issue and stumbles on this thread - right click the plugin in the ableton rack and disable auto scaling. You can then rescale the plugin to your liking in the plugins options menu (the zoom setting).

I have exactly same problem with cloud on my windows laptop. Mouse clicks don’t work on any Roland VST3 menus in Ableton. Dull as dishwater having to use arrow keys + enter.
Will try the HiDPI trick and report bug to Roland too.

Return to “Instruments”