*HALLOWEEN ONLY* - VPRE-73 Halloween Edition (AAX/VST/AU)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cheers c_bomb, I checked over at GS and it appears to be affecting MacOS only. Shame we couldn't check the AU version in Bitwig :-)

I'll email support @ BRA

c_bomb wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:42 pm
inkling wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:59 pm Does anyone have this working in BitWig? Works fine in Logic (AU) and Unify (VST) but isn't showing up in BitWig (using the VST version).

I've both rescanned and also trashed the BitWig index folder but no luck.
Got the same issue here in Bitwig 4.0.5 & 4.0.6. Shows up in Studio One 4 too.
Thanks for sharing -- it would also always be helpful to send info on your OS, and OS version. I have addressed the topic already to our DEVs and we'll look into this asap.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

I sent through details to your support. MacOS 11.6 Bitwig 4.0.5

Cheers.

BlackRooster wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:48 am
c_bomb wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:42 pm
inkling wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:59 pm Does anyone have this working in BitWig? Works fine in Logic (AU) and Unify (VST) but isn't showing up in BitWig (using the VST version).

I've both rescanned and also trashed the BitWig index folder but no luck.
Got the same issue here in Bitwig 4.0.5 & 4.0.6. Shows up in Studio One 4 too.
Thanks for sharing -- it would also always be helpful to send info on your OS, and OS version. I have addressed the topic already to our DEVs and we'll look into this asap.
I’ve got a ticket with support going too.

Just subscribe to their newsletter and you can apply a 15$ voucher code :)

Even though I bought the original (for $15 intro) and it will more or less become obsolete, I bought this upgrade. I use this on many tracks, especially all vocals and bass. Supporting this developer who tried to do his part at the beginning of our pandemic last year deserves it, in my opinion - and what wonderful plugins, so we all win.

I have the original... and now the HE too! I think its new features should be implemented in the stock one.

Odd how much they've been spamming ads for this almost laughably minor update... much moreso than for past products iirc.

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:51 pm Odd how much they've been spamming ads for this almost laughably minor update... much moreso than for past products iirc.
Who is "they", what's the measure of "spamming", and where are you seeing these "spamming ads"?

Agreed wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:11 am I didn't use the new highpass on this but I have used it on some guitar - it sounds really good with guitar and that can help to tame a cab rumble that otherwise gives good overall fullness but needs a little post reduction to the boom
But every DAW has a high pass filter and gain boost?

Unless they are specially modelled in this plugin - but I've not seen any evidence of this. BRA have a free high pass plugin btw.

Well, the VPRE had a highpass already, but this one is adjustable which I've found handy. I am not sure there is anything modeled about it or not, I was under the impression that the preamp behavior and the shelf EQ are in that style but not the other parts. Correct me if I am wrong, anyone more knowledgeable there. (Edit: the manual says it's a 12db/octave centered at 80hz in the original version, and that is also in the HW version but it's adjustable according to its manual).

It is true you could set up a highpass somewhere else, but it's not a bad thing to have more control over the one that is in the plugin and given that I like to use this kind of like the start of a channel strip, I like it on there.

I got a song together that uses it in a few places, check it out if you'd like :) I used it subtly on guitars and much less subtly on drums and keys.

https://soundcloud.com/user-612970086/h ... ding-light

I have a video play through on my Youtube channel if you'd like to see the setting that was used for guitar tracks, though I used other instances also in the tracking and mixing process and some had different settings and even automation going on to get particular behavior from the EQ and "Crank" knob (which can be inverted with some factor on the Trim knob if you'd like to make it into a distortion that follows input volume but does not boost output volume). I liked that trick when I was doing it though I think ultimately you can get a lot out of just leaving the gain controls alone where you think it sounds good :lol:

My understanding is this was supposed to be gone by November 1st, but it appears to still be available for sale.

cantaloupe wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:23 pm
D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:32 pm what should a customers think if he have the normal version
and the owner must pay the full price for this rip off ?
If the gimmick/novelty is worth it - pay.
If it isn't - don't.
How is this so difficult.

The entitlement around here is just f**king weird.
I own the original, i'm not buying this - nothing gained, nothing lost.
Why the tantrum? :dog:
+1

I never understood why people don't understand the whole "If you don't want to pay for it...don't pay for it"

Trying to browbeat people into changing the prices is just odd.

As spooky season has returned, so too has this plugin :) I've enjoyed using it since I bought it last year.

Return to “Effects”