Effects like Molekular and Kaleidoscope

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all
I´m searching for Win Effect Plugins where i can create Pads Drones Melodies out of a Sound....like a Drumloop. Some Presets from Molekular, Kaleidoscope or Aether are quite good.
Thank you in advance :phones:

Look into Output's Portal plugin.

You want Paulstretch.

kaleidoscope is currently half broken on some operating systems (preset browser issues) and hasn't had an update in like 5 years or something. there's a whole thread about it. personally i find it quite vanilla and one trick pony but lot's of potential if they add more modes. it's a complex way to make combfilter sounds. ymmv of course.

you can read all about it here.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=429862&start=2835

i get mileage out of unfiltered audio's plug ins for turning things inside out and making them musical etc. modulation system is pretty flexible there and fast to use for making big complex things with movement etc.

there's a bunch you can do with the soundhack bundles as well. u-he zebrify has many uses when used in conjunction w/other plug ins for 'melodifying' the input. anything that tracks pitch and can be forced to scale or note value sync'd to a transport can get it done. add granular or combfilter reverb etc to taste and make melody out of anything.

Also fund and cool:
UVI Shade
Minimal Audio Rift
Cableguys Shaperbox
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I like Kaleidoscope a lot and have had no issues running it. If you demo it without problems then shoud be fine. I dont think there is anything else like it.
GRM tools are worth looking at. Only buy on special, they can be used very subtly or not.
Unfiltered Audio can be good although dont pay more than 10-20 $ as they come up on sale all the time. I did not think much of Byome or Triad but some people like them. I would rather the GRM bundle than anything from UA.
For granular UA have one that is quite good if you get it cheap. More complex and more interesting is Soundmorph Dust. Crusher-x is the most powerful granular but difficult to understand because of the incredible power.

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:11 pm Crusher-x is the most powerful granular but difficult to understand because of the incredible power.
. . . . and incredible price :(.

JST Sky Box
Audio Damage Other Desert Cities, Quanta
Bleass Granulizer
Zynaptiq Adaptivrerb
Polyverse Comet
Many of the Ina GRM Tools
112dB Cascade

Return to “Effects”