Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Stormchild

Not only that, but I managed to update the RC to latest version and it's stopped telling me I need to update Zenology Pro for the first time in ages.

Re the JD-800 I stumbled across a patch 8-4: Use Arpg and noticed there's no arpeggiator.
Then googled the 'real' JD-800 and found it really odd there was no arpeggiator on that model.
So, back in the day what would people have actually been using to provide that arpeggiation?

ITB thankfully there are loads of options, Blue Arp, Cream, Cthulhu etc.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:58 am.
So, back in the day what would people have actually been using to provide that arpeggiation?
They used LFO settings for looping. There were step sequencers as well, but using lfo’s has a benefit over arpeggiators. The looping can still repeat after midi note off, with a long release time setting. Arpeggiators can’t do that.

At long last! I've been waiting for a plugin of this for practically 10 years! while I personally would have opted for a JD990 emulation, there's an ease of use that actually comes from having the UI from the keyboard. Thank you, Roland Cloud! I can finally stop nagging about this haha

Roland, Cool,

but sysex import please!

Very glad to see the JD-800!

I love analog emulations and re-creations, but there is no shortage of those and I'm always glad to see something like a JD-800 make its appearance in plugin format.

I've never owned a JD-800 myself but a friend of mine used to own one and I have played around with it for a bit, and I'm glad to have yet another cool option to pick from when I am making tracks.

So no jd990? A bummer?

Does it have sysex Import?

Im really happy but i am holding back with happiness here.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Aren't the JD-800 and JD-990 kind of cousins ?

Shiek927 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:31 am At long last! I've been waiting for a plugin of this for practically 10 years! while I personally would have opted for a JD990 emulation, there's an ease of use that actually comes from having the UI from the keyboard. Thank you, Roland Cloud! I can finally stop nagging about this haha
I would expect that they included all the JD-990 features, while keeping the JD-800 look :?

Anyway, finally they launched something significant. We had to wait many, many months, for that to happen. And still nothing about their future plans. If they want to keep people subscribing, they better publish a road map.
Fernando (FMR)

Wondering too.

Does it have all jd990 features included and sysex import?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:02 am Does it have all jd990 features included and sysex import?
It has none of the additional features of the JD-990. This is just a straight JD-800 emulation.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:06 am
Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:02 am Does it have all jd990 features included and sysex import?
It has none of the additional features of the JD-990. This is just a straight JD-800 emulation.
I have to check the additional features of the jd990 again but thats already a bummer... cause roland isnt known for releasing a 2nd model vst and if so it may take another 5 years lol

Just to note that the JD800 plugin now requires Windows 10 to install which (I think?) marks the first time Roland Cloud has required Windows 10 for an instrument.
fmr wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:38 amfinally they launched something significant. We had to wait many, many months, for that to happen. And still nothing about their future plans. If they want to keep people subscribing, they better publish a road map.
Em, that's a slightly odd request since I don't think many audio companies will give you their future product plans?! Better to go by track record anyway. Based on that it seems like you can maybe(?) expect 2 new synths per year, not counting any drum synths, samples, or add-on presets.

If you already have some lifetime keys, and are mainly interested in the Legendary series, it might make more sense choosing what you want at this point. Whereas, if someone mainly uses presets, and is looking at the overall offering rather than just Legendary instruments, their considerations are different. The preset support for Zenology (thus far) has been very good and, price wise, maybe not the worst you could do when compared to the sorts of 1990's pricing Spectrasonics is offering for add-on content..

Since extra content support seems to be an area where "the cloud" can do well in, it's perhaps a very good argument for Roland doing Vsynth (or possibly even their vintage sampler stuff), as it'd create the opportunity to provide a lot of new sample / preset support. It'd be quite interesting to see what direction something like the Vsynth would go in with the sort of support they've been giving to Zenology..

Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:11 am
Arashi wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:06 am
I have to check the additional features of the jd990 again but thats already a bummer... cause roland isnt known for releasing a 2nd model vst and if so it may take another 5 years lol
I just installed the demo version and don't see that feature, but it would be nice if they could add it later at some point.

Return to “Instruments”