Bricasti m7 - still apex of reverbs? Any plugins that do similar things?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:55 pm Verberate 2 is one of the best kept secrets IMO, you should definately check it out if you havent already.
They often do sales, maybe youll get lucky for Black Friday
To me its Voxengo CRTIV Reverb 2

Cooker wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:33 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:55 pm Verberate 2 is one of the best kept secrets IMO, you should definately check it out if you havent already.
They often do sales, maybe youll get lucky for Black Friday
To me its Voxengo CRTIV Reverb 2
I haven't even bothered demoing it.
I have far too many reverbs, they're all great, even the crap ones have their use.
I suffer GAS and am on a diet so to speak so don't tempt me ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:17 pm ...
:lol: :tu:

In a very recent classical vocal mixing session they had a real M7 in the control room - I was delivered two stems: one dry , and one just the reverb to drop back into my project back home.
So I was in the unusual position of importing these two stems into my DAW in my own studio and then trying to match the sound using Seventh Heaven (demo initially). OK so I'm my late fifties and my ears ain't what they were but I quite literally could not tell the difference. It was truly amazing - and it was easy to dial in the right amount to make it match. So good I bought the plugin right there.
So my orchestral template now has Alti 7 , UA Cap Chambers UA Lexicon 480 & 224 and Vienna Miracle PLUS now Seventh Heaven all ready to go on return aux busses - and the Bricasti (Seventh Heaven) was almost the only one I used on this particular project. Very happy with it.

richfor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:55 pm In a very recent classical vocal mixing session they had a real M7 in the control room - I was delivered two stems: one dry , and one just the reverb to drop back into my project back home.
So I was in the unusual position of importing these two stems into my DAW in my own studio and then trying to match the sound using Seventh Heaven (demo initially). OK so I'm my late fifties and my ears ain't what they were but I quite literally could not tell the difference. It was truly amazing - and it was easy to dial in the right amount to make it match. So good I bought the plugin right there.
So my orchestral template now has Alti 7 , UA Cap Chambers UA Lexicon 480 & 224 and Vienna Miracle PLUS now Seventh Heaven all ready to go on return aux busses - and the Bricasti (Seventh Heaven) was almost the only one I used on this particular project. Very happy with it.
I adore Seventh Heaven for classical sessions, works brilliantly for blending in the spot mics. I'll get my hands on a real Bricasti one day but from what I hear, it might not be necessary.

Genrally we are spoiled for choice. For most of us a handful of well chosen verbs will cover us and our music won't suffer in the least. I can cover everything I need with a good plate 140 emulation, a spring verb, a briscatti clone and xenoverb for the creative stuff.

I am currently using Signaltonoize True M7 impulses with IRDust (a free True stereo convolver plugin)... never been happier!

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:24 am https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/seventh-heaven/

Try this. You don’t need the pro version. It will get you there unless you are more concerned with the how it works as opposed to the fact it works.

Read the reviews ... you won’t find a bad one.
Here's a review: I don't like it as it changes the original sound too much. It's not for everyone. But it is worth trying (and LiquidSonics and the sister company, Reverb Foundry, make excellent tools).

There are Bricasti IRs also in Liquidsonics Reverberate 3. I really like it. (Actually, they are Fusion-IR, a more flexible technology that allows to treat and modulate differently Early Reflections and tails and to capture multiple varied instances of an IR in one file.)

I almost bought a Bricasti, but ended up going for the Tegeler Raumzeitmaschine, which is a tube reverb. Using it with my hardware synths has been pure bliss.

I'm using MIR Pro (and its plugin MIRacle) and the original VS Pro Hybrid Reverb, I don't covet reverb products at all.

How close is Reverberate with the Bricasti impulses to Seventh heaven?

I read in another thread that it's really very close, but I don't have Seventh Heaven, so I cannot check myself.

Return to “Effects”