rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh I see!
Anyway, this is then a good news for you! As the full version is working fine ;)

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:49 pm ... First thing I noticed is that the 133% size is too large for most DAWs when running at 1920x1080. ...
I would like to confirm this (Windows 10, 1920X1080). In Predator 2, the "Big Size" option was perfect (and this was said to be 150%).

So, my feature request is: an additional 125% option, and 150% and 175% options (for others would prefer those sizes).

e-musician wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:00 am In Predator 2, the "Big Size" option was perfect (and this was said to be 150%).
Predator 2 in Big Screen mode is too big for three of my DAWs. For example in Reaper it creates a scrollbar and I need to scroll to see the bottom part.

It fits in FL Studio because Fl allows you to collapse the wrapper toolbar and allows plugin GUIs to go over the main toolbars. Some DAWs do not.

Rob's Quad plugin has a 125% mode and it fits perfectly so yes a 125% size would be my request as well.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I am late to the party. I remember Predator used to have FX version of VST plugin which was then used to process other tracks with awesome FX algorithms from Predator. Is that still a thing? Can we do that?

I need to trial this over the weekend, I loved Predator 1 and their FX section. But never used it significantly over the years (GUI never clicked with me). I might upgrade.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:54 pm From the hamburger icon on the upper right corner:

P3 102321-1.png

EDIT: But even with both of those options turned off the GUI is very laggy here.
This is something I have had issues with a lot of Rob Papens synths , I've had to revert to older versions to get around it (as suggested by Jon in Support) they weren't sure why it was happening, but seems to be more common than I thought.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

kmonkey wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:10 am I am late to the party. I remember Predator used to have FX version of VST plugin which was then used to process other tracks with awesome FX algorithms from Predator. Is that still a thing? Can we do that?
There is no FX version of Predator 3. I like also their effects, so I think the Explorer bundle is worth it not only for the synth but the effects are very good that I believe mostly the same or more enhanced than that in the synths themselves.

Anybody dealing with sound design or just advanced users here,some first impressions compared to previous predator?

EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:58 am There is no FX version of Predator 3. I like also their effects, so I think the Explorer bundle is worth it not only for the synth but the effects are very good that I believe mostly the same or more enhanced than that in the synths themselves.
Thanks for your input. I am really not into Explorer bundle.

I just installed it.

Is it just me or at 100% it's too small and at 133% it goes above my HD screen (1920x1080). What the heck?

Moreover I just started with first preset and GUI is somehow laggy. I mean it works but I can see it with my own eyes everything somehow lags. No I have 16 core CPU and modern GPU.

And that waveform screen is like 2 frames per second. Seriously?

I know this is a synth and sound is what is counting. I will be reviewing that later. I am sure in that department it won't disappoint me. But I expected a bit more - it's end of 2021 for Christ sake we are not in 1999 anymore.

kmonkey wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:32 am
Is it just me or at 100% it's too small and at 133% it goes above my HD screen (1920x1080). What the heck?

Moreover I just started with first preset and GUI is somehow laggy. I mean it works but I can see it with my own eyes everything somehow lags. No I have 16 core CPU and modern GPU.

And that waveform screen is like 2 frames per second. Seriously?

I know this is a synth and sound is what is counting. I will be reviewing that later. I am sure in that department it won't disappoint me. But I expected a bit more - it's end of 2021 for Christ sake we are not in 1999 anymore.
Yes the sizes are not many. There should be 125%, 150% and 175%. Maybe in a future update.

For the lag, try to set off the animations and Tooltips:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:45 am Yes the sizes are not many. There should be 125%, 150% and 175%. Maybe in a future update.

For the lag, try to set off the animations and Tooltips:
Thank you. Yeah sizes should be better.

I tried with your tweak. Knobs made almost no difference but to be honest there seems to be subtle improvement but reaaaallly subtle.

Waveform and osc Screen is skipping like it's being run on a 66mhz computer. Why they released such ugly screen. It really doesn't do any justice to Predator legacy.

Even old Reaktor ensembles such as Razor which are not known to be exactly super optimized - have better waveform displays.

Anyway looking forward to testing sound of this product.

Strange! I don't have such graphics problems and I only have nVidia GTX 1060.

LeVzi wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:56 am This is something I have had issues with a lot of Rob Papens synths , I've had to revert to older versions to get around it (as suggested by Jon in Support) they weren't sure why it was happening, but seems to be more common than I thought.
You're referring to the Lag issues? I think I even noticed the Wave Screen being laggy in one of Rob's videos so it looks like it's happening to them as well. Odd because P3 is not the most visual of plugins. Sure there are some animations but compared to something like Pigments where it looks more like a video game at times P3 is pretty subdued. :?
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:18 am Anybody dealing with sound design or just advanced users here,some first impressions compared to previous predator?
I'm only running the demo and it doesn't allowing saving but I have done some patches with it. The new filters are nice and the new Arp features add to it as well. Sadly we still can't import .wav files, only files in their proprietary format. So P3 is still a fun synth to patch but it's not light years beyond P2 in that regards.
kmonkey wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:32 am Is it just me or at 100% it's too small and at 133% it goes above my HD screen (1920x1080). What the heck?
Yes several people have mentioned this already. I find it odd that no one on the team was using 1920x1080 and noticed that 133% is too big for most DAWs. Especially considering their Quad plugin has a 125% option and that fits perfectly. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:15 pm
LeVzi wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:56 am This is something I have had issues with a lot of Rob Papens synths , I've had to revert to older versions to get around it (as suggested by Jon in Support) they weren't sure why it was happening, but seems to be more common than I thought.
You're referring to the Lag issues? I think I even noticed the Wave Screen being laggy in one of Rob's videos so it looks like it's happening to them as well. Odd because P3 is not the most visual of plugins. Sure there are some animations but compared to something like Pigments where it looks more like a video game at times P3 is pretty subdued. :?
GUI lag, was only selected plugins in the Explorer pack, Predator 2, Sub boom, and I think Blade 2.

They gave me the older versions and the GUI lag went away. Things like turning the dials was laggy as fk. Opening and closing the GUI was laggy.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Did they explain why newer versions are laggy while older ones are not ?

Are they using the GPU now or some other new method that could account for the lag ?

Rob Papen synths have some slow refreshing graphical elements by design. It saves CPU but other than that I don't like it.

Return to “Instruments”