RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5 | Black Friday Sale 2021 started

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
16412 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:37 am

OzoneJunkie wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:24 am
This happened to me on both of my machines, once on one, twice on another. I wish this would get fixed/resolved. I have ceased using Rapid because of this, as I won't use plugins that potentially deactivate themselves.
I've never had Rapid deactivate itself. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
KVRian
1268 posts since 16 Jan, 2004

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:49 am

Yeah, it seems like it's not a widespread issue, but it's also not a non-issue - it's been reported a number of times. And Parawave is aware I believe, but also believe that they don't consider it something to be fixed, per se, but can't speak for them of course.

User avatar
KVRAF
16412 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:30 am

Has anyone been able to discover the cause ? Are there steps to reproduce the issue ?

Could it be something like using a VPN or a security setting somewhere?

There's got to be a reason why it happens to some users but not others. Discover that reason and Parawave may be able release a fix.

If anyone can find the steps to reproduce I'd be happy to test here.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
KVRist
171 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:53 am

I've had it happen once, it was pretty easy to resolve
I do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

I also sell presets/lfos/ and wavetabls on gumroad https://gumroad.com/databroth

KVRAF
3987 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:01 am

With chance, since Parawave is (well I hope) present and reading this thread, they'll address the issue.
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

KVRer
11 posts since 16 Oct, 2021

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:02 pm

Neon Breath wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:18 pm
cendrars wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 pm
Neon Breath wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:13 pm
Ok got it. Not a big deal. And still, I am mind blowned by Rapid!
I can't think of anything Rapid can do that I would describe as even close to being mind-blowing? Please enlighten us poor souls who don't use it but can't sell the thing..
Sure. Let me enlighten you with my Rapid experience so far since a week of demoing:

-Easiness & quickness of programming. I never achieved sounds and results so easily and as fast as Rapid so far.
-Overall sound quality.
-Onboard FX. Top notch. The reverb is pure velvet.
-Resynthesis. Very unique, never found anything like that elsewhere.
-8 layers with 3 oscillators each & 32 modulation sources each. That's Godzilla. Name me one synth that has that. (although its totally overkill I admit, but still...)
-Granular synthesis is very well implemented and sounds gorgeous.

-Super easy on the CPU.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one here who noticed those points. You can (of course) disagree with me but that'll show us at the same time how ignorant you are about that very special synth.
Thanks, I agree with what you say and I will explore the resynthesis part more and I feel inspired to make some new sounds.. I would love an mseg and sample normalise or an extra gain control, mouse wheel sensitivity option as knobs move too slow for me when swiping on a trackpad, things like that, but hey, no synth I have ever used is perfect.

KVRer
11 posts since 16 Oct, 2021

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:18 pm

SLiC wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:20 pm
cendrars wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 pm
Neon Breath wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:13 pm
Ok got it. Not a big deal. And still, I am mind blowned by Rapid!
I can't think of anything Rapid can do that I would describe as even close to being mind-blowing? Please enlighten us poor souls who don't use it but can't sell the thing..
Maybe ask your self why you bought it after demoing it? What did it do that persuaded you to buy it…it still does it and probably more after the updates.
Thanks, I plan to give it another go, I would say I bought it because it did feel pretty Rapid to get good results which was quite a nice contrast to other things I was using. I don't always trust demo period thoughts though as I tend to demo things when feeling creatively stuck and try to buy my way out so a bit of honeymoon period excitement can be just that and not last although I do think Rapid is really good in many respects and I will give it another go - I don't know why they don't put out quick updates to fix things like not being able to turn the hints off but that is hardly going to stop anyone enjoying it.

KVRAF
2420 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:48 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:30 am
Has anyone been able to discover the cause ? Are there steps to reproduce the issue ?

Could it be something like using a VPN or a security setting somewhere?

There's got to be a reason why it happens to some users but not others. Discover that reason and Parawave may be able release a fix.

If anyone can find the steps to reproduce I'd be happy to test here.
It's random and can happen at anytime without any intervention from the user. The synth simply fails to work... so unless you have an internet connection, you need to do it from another computer that is, so one may need to travel into town and go to a library or something more than once. It happened on Windows 7 and 10... In fact I disabled updates on Windows 7 and it still occurred. Parawaves Rapid feels like it's got some sort of online checking thing going on, like DRM which isn't nice at all. Maybe Mac versions don't have this kinda bollocks.
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A Styler Site | Program Resource | Music Gallery | Art | GUI Design | Films | Music Legend Docs | 80's Kids Shows | Games | DAW Tutorials | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

User avatar
KVRAF
16412 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:00 am

Well I'm on Windows and I've never had to reauthorize Rapid here but maybe I've just been lucky. I'm also blessed enough to have more than one computer and a steady (knock on wood) internet connection.

My DAW is always connected to the internet but only for cases like this, copy protection handshakes and product updates. It never surfs the web or checks emails etc and I feel safe enough. It has worked fine that way for years.

Anyway like I said there has to be a reason why some people have to reauthorize and others don't so again if there is some way to figure why that happens it would no doubt help the developer in finding a solution.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
KVRist
82 posts since 30 Apr, 2020 from the underground

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:10 am

I wasn't using Rapid for some time, both machines. It deactivated on both, I've reinstalled it at 04.10.2021 on one of them.
Didn't use it since, today encouraged by this thread I've found it deactivated. I didn't submit any tickets regarding this, will do next time it expires.

User avatar
KVRAF
16412 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:41 am

Maybe it has to do with a period of inactivity? That might be a clue.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
KVRAF
3590 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:45 am

Does this go on sale on black friday normally ?
"If you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present"

User avatar
KVRist
82 posts since 30 Apr, 2020 from the underground

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:16 am

LeVzi wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:45 am
Does this go on sale on black friday normally ?
Last year it was on sale
Teksonik wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:41 am
Maybe it has to do with a period of inactivity? That might be a clue.
Indeed, however, it's something new because I don't remember it expiring before, it doesn't even take it 30 days.
Maybe there's something happening on the vendor's side, dunno.

Ps. there is a FAQ item about this at Parawave's website. Seems this may happen, sometimes... :D
https://parawave-audio.com/faq
I started Rapid like normally, but this time there's no sound!

Try clicking on the content button in the top row to open the Extension Manager. Are the Factory Sounds still shown as installed and activated (two green check marks)?
If not you may want to install or activate them again. Click on activate extensions in the bottom right and perform a new activation.

Please note: Importing older license.txt will not work. You have to request a new one.
Last edited by DanielPL on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRAF
3590 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:20 am

Ah good, i'll keep my eye out.
"If you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present"

User avatar
KVRAF
16412 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:26 am

DanielPL wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:16 am
Ps. there is a FAQ item about this at Parawave's website. Seems this may happen, sometimes... :D
https://parawave-audio.com/faq
I started Rapid like normally, but this time there's no sound!
Try clicking on the content button in the top row to open the Extension Manager. Are the Factory Sounds still shown as installed and activated (two green check marks)?
If not you may want to install or activate them again. Click on activate extensions in the bottom right and perform a new activation.
Please note: Importing older license.txt will not work. You have to request a new one.
So to be clear this is not about the plugin needing to be reauthorized but the extensions not showing or functioning ?

I only have the factory content so maybe that's a clue as well.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”