Cubase 12 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I thought this forum thread is about: "Is there any news on Cubase 11.5 yet?"...
Judging by replies I was wrong...
Can we get back on topic please?

Ok.

No.

Go back home now.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:10 pm I thought this forum thread is about: "Is there any news on Cubase 11.5 yet?"...
Sure mate! I'll start:

There's no news about Cubase 11.5.

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:09 pm
ElgrandeCastagneto wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:03 pm Who is Hans or Ian ?

Thanks for your reply very helpfull.
Hans Zimmer, the movie composer and probably the most known Cubase ambassador.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=junPw10YYBY

Ian Kirkpatrick, a pop music producer recently most know for Dua Lipa's music - he has great YT channel where he writes music or dissects his project (in Cubase, obviously):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCgvl_ ... iaw/videos
Ok thanks i discover this man don't know him before.

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:09 pm Ian Kirkpatrick, a pop music producer recently most know for Dua Lipa's music - he has great YT channel where he writes music or dissects his project (in Cubase, obviously):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCgvl_ ... iaw/videos
Thanks for sharing this. I enjoyed his spotlight videos on the Steinberg website, so would like to watch more of them even when I am not a Cubase user. :tu:

pixel85 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:18 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:10 pm I thought this forum thread is about: "Is there any news on Cubase 11.5 yet?"...
Sure mate! I'll start:

There's no news about Cubase 11.5.
Any rumours? The wilder the better!

Ok, I'll start.

Greg Ondo mistaken me for someone else and gave me a 1h tour of 11.5 via MS Teams. What's coming?
- clip launcher with integration for Push, Launchpads and touch screens
- native modulation system, i.e. LFOs, ADSRs, MSEGs, Step Sequeners, Env. Followers that you can connect to anything
- new modular environment for building synths & FX from scratch, basically like Reaktor
- full touch-screen support, incl. ability to actually draw staff notation as if it was on a sheet of paper
- vector GUI, that you can reskin and resize however you want & it stays crisp all the time
- plugin sandboxing & bit-bridging
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Nice fantasy......too bad none of that is actually going to happen.

vertibration wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:10 pm Nice fantasy......too bad none of that is actually going to happen.
It has. It's called Bitwig :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

:troll:

My turn:
- Rosetta 2 compatibility
- Win10 21h... I mean Win11 compatibility
- sidechain in native Flanger effect
- 10% more HDPI support
- more bugs, unfinished features, GUI inconsistency and handicapped old features - because this is the modern way to make software updowngrades

the last bit has certainly been true during the life of 11, if you ask me.

Global things like markers, ruler, tempo track in Key Editor is a great feature. Probably took some doing. But I have to remind it 90% of the time telling it in the KE Inspector, so the feature was not actually ready to implement. Ramps with a bezier curve in the controller lanes, great. It's not supported for 'channel = Any' and it thinks I'm editing such a channel all the time when I'm not. Feature not ready to implement. But marketing rules it all.

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:15 pm
vertibration wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:10 pm Nice fantasy......too bad none of that is actually going to happen.
It has. It's called Bitwig :P
Bitwig has notation?

Actually, your Greg story sounds almost plausible - did he think you were Hans Zimmer?
Last edited by pbognar on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah, Bitwig, I remember when they first implemented time signatures in it. Couple years ago?
It's a different market. You want Bitwig, use that, Cubase is not that, it's never going to be that even if they try to attract that _market_ with kinda sorta those features {within its own paradigm}. You want Cubase to be Reaktor and Bitwig, and what else?

They're not very wise at this point IME, but they're wiser than that shit. Here's I like strawberry ice cream. Chocolate ice cream has no strawberries, that has to change for me to like it.

If they do implement saving the automation in a track preset, I'm going to scare up the 99 bucks I suppose. As it is, all 4 'maintenance' updates of 11 were unusable here.

OH! it thinks I'm editing such a channel all the time when I'm not. IE., an error message appears indicating no es possible. Except the thing is, the ramp curve in Channel = Any is supported, it works just fine, at least in 11.0.40.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”