Best way to clean your monitor screen ?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you do ?

I bought some wipes that were OK, but they were cheap and dried up within 2 weeks of opening them.

(And yes I sealed the lid)

Is there a better way ? I need to clean the screens properly and not scratch them badly.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Cheapo glass cleaner with a microfibre cloth seems to work well, although they always label them 'unsuitable for LCDs'. Apparently i didn't cause visible damage yet. Open for better ideas..

I clean it with one wet (water) soft tissu/fabric and then a dry one.

Generic mild cleaner should suffice...

Glass cleaner is not recommended because the fluid runs off to the bottom and makes the interior wet.
Solution: spray it on the cloth, not on the screen.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

There is special display cleaner you can buy. Just spray it on some lintfree cloth, or the display itself, wipe the display, and then wipe with the same cloth, but use a dry part.

BertKoor wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:14 pmGlass cleaner is not recommended because the fluid runs off to the bottom and makes the interior wet.
So the composition of glass cleaner is ok anyway if you're careful?

<Storytime>
Once i had to repair the TV of a friend, a CRT TV that took a beer spill at a party. It took me some hours to remove all the grime and beer gunk from the insides.

I got it back up and running, only to witness said friend starting to clean the CRT front with classic glass cleaner while the set was powered. Sure enough the cleaner found its way below the Tube and onto the main PCB and poof - off it went, into the eternal TV hunting grounds.
</Storytime>

noizetronic wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:42 pm So the composition of glass cleaner is ok anyway if you're careful?
Idunno. Our friend Google gives conflicting information. Be careful with aggressive cleansing stuff, even alcohol could dissolve eg the anti-reflection coating.

I've always used moderate doses of glass cleaner without issues.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Eizo Screen Cleaner spray plus their screen cleaner cloth is the best I ever had. It's hard to get but it is worth gold to me.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”