Did You Want To Be Famous When You Got Into Using Sequencers ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dunno about anyone else, but for me from the outset... it was just a desire to make music in the easiest way I possibly could with a computer from mid 1990's onwards. The music scene was full of dance music acts and I somehow ended up diverting from the usual Top Of The Pops type bands and music into weird House Music which I had on CD's which was a really strange departure, even more so than listening to Enigma which I spent my teenage years listening to and still do today. I wanted to do all that kinda stuff myself... As a kid I had always wanted to be a performing artist, but the problem was that I was just too god-damn shy and nervous with standing in front of people. I absolutely hated having to give talks in front of class during High School... primary school wasn't so bad for that, though. From the mid 1990's things were going on in my life that put the aspirations to be in any way famous through my desire of music to be anything but a pipe dream, but it wasn't the be all and end all. Ironically it was an unusual set of events that occurred that happened for me to be standing on stage playing an instrument rather than singing in choir as I once did in primary school to several hundred people. In 2000 I ended up playing one of these on stage in a band as shown here.With several TV cameras pointing at us on stage and bunch of TV celebrities, hundreds of people and royalty.. I guess that was my five minutes of fame I had always wondered about, and all that happened in 5 years. Little did I know that I'd return to the music arena from the technical side many years later in live performances taking place.

From the desire in creating music, I think the motivation to become famous for what you love to do is an attractive one at least in the early days because you have little else to aspire to. Things have changed over the years in that your platform is there, but at the same time it isn't, because fame has it's, downsides. It's not for everyone... music is hard to create when you are not in that headspace.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

No. I was grown by then. I learned pretty young I didn't so much want to be recognized when I went out in public.

People who use sequencers don’t become famous.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I was blown away when my C64 was controlling a real synth with a software sequencer back in the day. But I picked up a guitar to become famous and started programming to do fun things with the computer.

Maybe I'd be famous now if I had not chosen the wrong instrument.

To answer the question, no, I didn’t want to be famous, I just wanted to learn the bloody thing.

Did you want to get famous when you registered on this forum?

I'm not sure how to interpret the question?

Is it about us expecting to be famous because we use sequencers, or about the time we started using sequencers coinciding with our wanting to be famous regardless of that?

Both are irrelevant in my case, but I'm curious :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:46 am People who use sequencers don’t become famous.
lol... so that would mean no famous musician uses "sequencers" - ever... that's easily one of the most inane things I've read in a while (which says a lot)...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

maybe spend more time using them to make music, instead of using them as the basis of some "arts n craft" nonsense. or writing inane and long posts about bullshit questions, that have f**k all to do with daws, in the hosts section.
will you explode if you don't post in this section?

surprise us, do something interesting for once ffs.

jens wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:39 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:46 am People who use sequencers don’t become famous.
lol... so that would mean no famous musician uses "sequencers" - ever... that's easily one of the most inane things I've read in a while (which says a lot)...
well tbf, everyone knows echo, few can name the bunnymen. so maybe he's on to something :o

jens wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:39 pm
If you take it to its literal extreme.
Or you could interpret it to mean:

a) Less than .0001 percent of musicians become famous.
b) The people who sequence the music toil in anonymity while the autotuned pop diva who sang it becomes rich and famous.
c) Learn to play an instrument if you want to be on stage.

Take your pick.
:shrug:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I'd rather be infamous.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:41 am hundreds of people and royalty..
i performed for pope john paul the second.
one of f**king thousands of altar boys and choir boys and girls from around liverpool.
i remember thinking "well, its a bit hot, id rather be swimming with my friends today".

many years later as an adult, i met princess margaret or anne (whichever one was in to charities, didnt really take much notice of her tbh) i remember the looks i received, when i pointed out, the money they had spent on the photo op and security for her to feel good about herself, might have been better spent on the homeless people she was keeping from doing what they need to do to survive.
they kept me out of any high profile visits after that.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:58 pm I'd rather be infamous.
"infamy! infamy! theyve all got it in for me!" :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”