All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

imrae wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:55 pm
khanyz wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:46 pm And while visiting Cult Pens (a great store with great service BTW)

Diamine Gibson Les Paul Guitar Ink
https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/DM64474/di ... ottle-30ml
https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/DM64468/di ... ottle-80ml
Another Cult Pens fan here. Maybe we should start a writing implements thread in Off-Topic...
That wouldn’t be good for my wallet and this thread is bad enough :hihi:
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

justin3am wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:04 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:35 pm ha! was just thinking if i could fudge together something like shallow water, using fb loops in the klein bottle :tu:
till i can get around to buying one :hihi:
Well, you could do something like Hors d'Oeuvre? with the Klein Bottle but Shallow Water doesn't do feedback.
It's basically a low-pass gate into a chorus/vibrato. The LPG is controlled by an envelope follower and the chorus' delay is modulated by a slewed s&h, rather than a sine or triangle LFO. The Rate knob controls the sample and hold rate and Damp controls the slew rate. It gives a warbly tape vibe that isn't cyclic. The LPG knob controls the depth of the envelope follower.
ah, i for some reason, thought there was a delay with the chorus/filter in the loop.
i thought that's where the tape sound came from :dog:

Thanks guys, I like the rest of the Fairfield pedals as well and will probably get them all eventually. I just figured the shallow water and maude delay might go well together. The ringmod might be more limited in scope than the delay. Also, I am limited by what's in stock as I have a $700 store credit to use at PC, and I am trying to decide what to do with it.

-cheers

I was actually most surprised by how much I liked Randy's Revenge. I had the same experience with a Moog MF-102.
Being a ringmod, it seems like it wouldn't be that interesting but it's more like having a VCO, VCF and 4-quadrant multiplier in pedal form. So if you are the type to treat pedals like their own modular system, it's really useful.
Using a ringmod in feedback loop with a delay was a real eye opener for me.
I know this stuff is probably not news to you but I was pretty surprised by the flexibility. If you haven't already, take a look at the Programming Guide for Randy's Revenge. http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0234/8 ... g.pdf?2835

justin3am wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:31 pm I was actually most surprised by how much I liked Randy's Revenge. I had the same experience with a Moog MF-102.
Being a ringmod, it seems like it wouldn't be that interesting but it's more like having a VCO, VCF and 4-quadrant multiplier in pedal form. So if you are the type to treat pedals like their own modular system, it's really useful.
Using a ringmod in feedback loop with a delay was a real eye opener for me.
I know this stuff is probably not news to you but I was pretty surprised by the flexibility. If you haven't already, take a look at the Programming Guide for Randy's Revenge. http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0234/8 ... g.pdf?2835
Neat, thx, I hadn't read that one yet. heh, I like the burning car graphic. I wonder what the
story behind the name is. Looks as tho Randy got pissed and set someone's car on fire. :lol:

lol it figures, like a week after I purchase the RC-500, comes the RC-600. Tho I guess I could get away with both if I really wanted. At least if it was already announced, I missed it apparently.

https://www.boss.info/dk/products/rc-600/

Time limited offer @ Chase Bliss Audio: their new dual expression pedal, featuring a *cough* roller wheel.
https://www.chaseblissaudio.com/shop-utility/exp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cptgone wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:54 pm Time limited offer @ Chase Bliss Audio: their new dual expression pedal, featuring a *cough* roller wheel.
https://www.chaseblissaudio.com/shop-utility/exp
is that really a pedal?
looks more finger operated than foot?

looks fun though :tu:

my boss has two independent outputs, you can switch polarity so one can go up as the other goes down.
but you obviously cant control them independently :cry:
score one for the chase bliss! (not enough score for their prices plus customs though :cry: )

Yeah, I kinda want that Chase exp pedal from the email, but I spent too much on pedals this week.
So I (probably) wont get it. :(

I was also trying to buy a bamboo rolling machine this week at the local head shop, but they
didn't have any. The cute girl working there was pretty embarrassed about it, she did ask
me out though. I never dated a head shop girl. Sadly, I cant manage it without being killed
by another non-headshop girl at this point. :dog:

Looks like they may have been inspired by this guy:

^^ Well wtf, I guess so... and that one's yellow. Of course you would have one already. :lol:

Hmm, the exp does seem a bit expensive. I don't have an expression pedal yet. I was kinda thinking
I might get the ehx 8 step sequencer thing, before a regular exp pedal. The CBA exp is similarly interesting though. The zoia can do similar stuff as well (I think), so there's that.

Yeah, it's surprising how expensive expression pedals can get... but tooling a custom enclosure and wheel for something like that can't be cheap.
I love the EHX 8 Step. Its a lot of fun. Most expression inputs expect 5v coming into the tip of a TRS cable, so if you have a cable with a TS connector on one end an a TRS connector with floating ring on the other end, you can send 0-5v CV directly to an expression input. I do that a lot.
The safer way to do that is to use a insert/splitter cable and a VCA. Connect the lead which has static voltage to the signal input of the VCA and the lead which receives the variable voltage to the output of the VCA. Then whatever you use to modulate the CV input on the VCA will modulate the parameter controlled by the expression input. I think Eventide pedals use like 2v for the static voltage, so they don't like it if you send 5v at them.

justin3am wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:44 pm Yeah, it's surprising how expensive expression pedals can get... but tooling a custom enclosure and wheel for something like that can't be cheap.
I love the EHX 8 Step. Its a lot of fun. Most expression inputs expect 5v coming into the tip of a TRS cable, so if you have a cable with a TS connector on one end an a TRS connector with floating ring on the other end, you can send 0-5v CV directly to an expression input. I do that a lot.
The safer way to do that is to use a insert/splitter cable and a VCA. Connect the lead which has static voltage to the signal input of the VCA and the lead which receives the variable voltage to the output of the VCA. Then whatever you use to modulate the CV input on the VCA will modulate the parameter controlled by the expression input. I think Eventide pedals use like 2v for the static voltage, so they don't like it if you send 5v at them.
Hmm, that's interesting thanks. tbh I don't expect to get any Eventide pedals, not that I don't
like the stuff. They make some of my favorite reverbs and effects. The problem being that I
already have all that stuff in software, and the pedals are mostly HW controllers for the same
software, seemingly. The only thing I would be interested in would be the big H9000 or whatever,
which costs $7k or so, and is therefore a pretty unlikely purchase for me. :shrug:

pekbro wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:05 pm Hmm, that's interesting thanks. tbh I don't expect to get any Eventide pedals, not that I don't
like the stuff. They make some of my favorite reverbs and effects. The problem being that I
already have all that stuff in software, and the pedals are mostly HW controllers for the same
software, seemingly. The only thing I would be interested in would be the big H9000 or whatever,
which costs $7k or so, and is therefore a pretty unlikely purchase for me. :shrug:
The old H3000 and 2016 are cool. They sound different from the plugins and are relatively cheap compared what they used to sell for. H3000's used to be $2-3K, now they sell for around $1K.

The H3000 is magic on vocals. If you've ever thought your voice isn't good enough, it's because you haven't heard yourself through an H3000.

Return to “Guitars”