Plugin Alliance BS vouchers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dblock wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:16 pm
jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 pm Just consider the difference in meaning if your friend says "I will have sex with anyone at the party" vs. "I will have sex with everyone at the party."
There ya go. Every might makes you walk differently. :lol:
'Any' is quite pathetic, while 'every' is rather presumptuous.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:23 pm while 'every' is rather presumptuous.
depends on the partys you get invited to...

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:25 pm
...and if they give vouchers. :D

dblock wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:30 pm
if the orgy you are invited to, has a voucher system, or special offers of any kind, its probably best avoided as clearly theyre having issues getting people in and will take anybody!

What's wrong with "Most Plugins $29.99" ? It would be accurate.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

GaryG wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:16 pm 2.5 degree global temp rise by 2080, thanks Dirk!
His super car guzzlers definitely aren’t climate oriented tho. So yeah, thanks dirk.

gondii wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:52 pm
Also I think complaining about their vouchers is pretty ingenuine. There are only very few companies that actually let you stack vouchers with other vouchers and with sales. And people are encouraged or at least allowed to trade, share and sell them (even in their official FB group). You can use the vouchers on the transfer fee (making license transfer essentially free) and even on the third party offers... I picked up the Acon suite for $24+VAT like that. So I think their voucher game is as fair as can be.

I think there are legitimate criticisms against PA. Like some technical issues with plugins that are not addressed or how they apparently remove any non-praising reviews from their website. But I haven't seen any legitimate criticism brought up here so far...
It’s an annoying business practice that results in endless chase of best prices and impulse buys.

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:47 pm
if the orgy you are invited to, has a voucher system, or special offers of any kind, its probably best avoided as clearly theyre having issues getting people in and will take anybody!
No, the voucher would be for antibiotics.

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:47 pm
I just go for the buffet.

Blame the EU :P

It was a bit annoying the first time I bought their plugin, agreed, but I got absolutely excellent stuff from them like the HG-2 or Townhouse for about $18, tax included, so I'm not complaining.

So this current sale is "ANY PLUGIN $29.99 Round 1/3"
It looks like they've done this exact sale several times in the past.

But I can't find any info on what happens next. Anyone know from past experience?
I assume there is a "Round 2/3" and "Round 3/3"?
Are those also "ANY PLUGIN $29.99" and how long until those codes go out?

If they had put the + VAT on the advert at the start, i'd not have had the nice surprise when I clicked the link and just added Byome to the cart. I completely forgot they do that, I am so used to Waves and other companies who just advertise the actual sale price.

The "Any" plugin bit I was aware of because they put that in the proper place, and I was not surprised to see Tantra 2 on the "Nope" list. I have a few PA plugins because sometimes you need to just bit the bullet to get a good plugin, but I really would rather have avoided PA all together if possible.

The only think I would have considered was Byome, but something came up in the Marketplace that trumped it by a country mile (Valhalla Vintage Verb) for not much more. So it all ended well yesterday.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:59 am I have a few PA plugins because sometimes you need to just bit the bullet to get a good plugin, but I really would rather have avoided PA all together if possible.
I feel that way about Waves.
I'd much rather pay a one-time VAT and get 3 authorizations for life, then have to pay Waves' WUP extortion fees yearly for life so they don't take away my 2nd of only 2 authorizations.

If only a reputable company made a legit Helios emulation, I could get away from Waves forever. I'd jump at a bx_console version in a heartbeat.

jamcat wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:17 am
LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:59 am I have a few PA plugins because sometimes you need to just bit the bullet to get a good plugin, but I really would rather have avoided PA all together if possible.
I feel that way about Waves.
I'd much rather pay a one-time VAT and get 3 authorizations for life, then have to pay Waves' WUP extortion fees yearly for life so they don't take away my 2nd of only 2 authorizations.

If only a reputable company made a legit Helios emulation, I could get away from Waves forever. I'd jump at a bx_console version in a heartbeat.
Waves have their faults too, the WUP is a joke, and their reauthorising is a joke too, but I am not referring to that. This is about their sale price which is stated as 1 price ,not adding VAT.

I agree that waves need to look at their policies , but they've been pretty reasonable with me tbh when it came to reauthorising. BUt I felt like I was on trial when explaining it.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Effects”